Did you find a misspelled name on your flight ticket? Seeking methods to fix it? Fear not; Air Canada name change policy helps travelers who make an error while booking a flight ticket. Air Canada understands that a system issue can also lead to an error while booking a flight ticket. So, a passenger-friendly policy is in place to assist and guide travelers regarding their next step. So, if you have any queries about Air Canada name change/correction, follow this blog for detailed answers.
Major Considerations from Air Canada Name Change Policy
You must focus on the following significant considerations before requesting a name change/correction on your flight ticket.
- In the case of several flights, flyers can request name correction on the Air Canada flight segment. In addition to that, you can request an Air Canada name change/correction on the ticket on the code-share and interline agreement partners.
- The flight must be operated by Air Canada, and the ticket inventory should be 014.
- Minor changes/corrections up to three letters are possible and subject to a name change fee.
- In case of name change for divorce, marriage, or other legal proceedings, passengers might have to present valid documents to support the change.
- The carrier sees the correction/changes of a name to be the reissue of a similar cost class.
- According to the Air Canada name change policy, travelers cannot change the entire name.
Air Canada Name Change/Correction on Ticket within 24 Hours
To request an Air Canada name change on the flight ticket, travelers can cancel the booking within 24 hours of purchasing the ticket and then rebook. However, there is a probability that travelers may not obtain the same fare as they initially booked. In such a situation, you can just pay the name correction fee, while the airline’s representative will rebook the flight in the same fare class.
Air Canada Name Change/Correction Fee
As per the Air Canada name change policy, you have to pay 200 USD for each person as a name change/correction fee with the applicable fare difference.
The airline doesn’t charge name change fees if the passenger initiates the process within 24 hours of purchase; however, the fare difference may be levied if applicable.
How to Request Air Canada Name Change/Correction on Ticket?
Air Canada name change policy allows travelers to request name change/correction online (via the airline’s portal) and offline (through phone).
Air Canada Name Change Via Website
Requesting a name change online is one of the simplest and quickest approaches.
- Move to the Air Canada official website and hit the Manage Reservation tab.
- Next, input your 6-digit reference code or ticket number and last name.
- Then, navigate to the Name Correction tab and correct your name. Remember the name on your flight ticket must match the name on your government-approved ID.
- You can correct or change up to three letters of your name. Also, provide a soft copy of your document for validation.
- After this, you may have to pay the Air Canada name change/correction fee along with the applicable fare difference.
- After completing the procedure, Air Canada will send a confirmation email with new changes to your email ID.
Air Canada Name Change Through Phone
Follow the step-by-step procedure below to request a name change offline over the phone.
- Dial the official Air Canada phone number to talk with the representative.
- Once you connect with a representative, provide the 6-digit code or ticket number.
- Ask the representative to change the name. You may need to submit your passport or government-authorized ID for verification.
- You may have to pay the name change fee with the applicable fare difference as per the Air Canada name change policy.
- After completing the payment, you will get the Air Canada name change confirmation within 24 hours of the request.
Tips to Avoid Air Canada Name Change Fees
To avoid the name change/correction fee, passengers must focus on the following tips and suggestions.
- Review the Information: While booking the flight, you must check the information you have provided, particularly the name. Confirm that the flight ticket’s name matches the one on your passport or legal document.
- Use Full Name: Always specify your full name while booking the flight. Don’t use abbreviations or nicknames that don’t match the travel documentation.
- Flexible Fare Options: Try buying refundable or flexible fare options if you expect the probability of having to make corrections/changes to the travel plans. Flexible flight tickets might have fewer limitations and fees for name changes/corrections.
- Travel Insurance: Get travel insurance that allows name change/correction fees if you need to adjust the travel arrangements because of unforeseen situations.
- Frequent Flier Memberships: If you are a member of the airline’s frequent flier program, you may enjoy specific privileges, like waived or less name change/correction fees.
- Contact Customer Service: If you find a minor spelling error after booking, contact the airline’s customer service instantly.
Also Read- westjet name change
The Air Canada name change policy lets you rectify spelling errors. But you must address the error as soon as possible. The airline has different approaches for passengers to correct or change their names. In the above blog, you will find both an online and offline approach, name change fees, guidelines, and others. For further details, move to the Air Canada website or contact customer care. If you can’t connect with the airline’s customer care, feel free to call +1-800-865-1848 and get answers to all your queries.