Read Time:2 Minute, 44 Second
Belem is a beautiful city in northern Brazil, located at the mouth of the Amazon River, where it meets the Atlantic Ocean. It is the capital of the state of Pará and one of the most important cities in the Amazon region. If you are planning to visit Belém, here are some of the best travel places you should not miss.
Read More : Tap portugal flight ticket
- The Estação das Docas (Docks Station) – The Estação das Docas is a restored 19th-century port complex that has been converted into a modern leisure and cultural center. It is one of the most popular tourist attractions in Belém, featuring a variety of shops, restaurants, bars, and live music performances. The complex also includes a museum, a cinema, and a planetarium. You can take a relaxing walk along the waterfront and enjoy the views of the Guajará Bay.
- The Ver-o-Peso Market – The Ver-o-Peso Market is one of the oldest and largest markets in Latin America, and a must-see attraction in Belém. It is a bustling and colorful market that offers a wide variety of fruits, vegetables, spices, fish, and other products from the Amazon region. You can also find traditional crafts and souvenirs, such as hammocks, pottery, and woven baskets.
- The Mangal das Garças (Mangrove of the Herons) – The Mangal das Garças is a beautiful ecological park located in the heart of Belém. It is a peaceful oasis that offers a relaxing break from the city’s hustle and bustle. The park features a mangrove forest, a butterfly garden, a heron sanctuary, and a panoramic tower with views of the city and the river. You can also enjoy a delicious meal at the park’s restaurant, which serves traditional Amazonian cuisine.
- The Museu Paraense Emílio Goeldi (Emilio Goeldi Museum) – The Museu Paraense Emílio Goeldi is one of the most important scientific institutions in Brazil, dedicated to the research and conservation of the Amazon’s biodiversity and cultural heritage. The museum features a vast collection of specimens of plants, animals, fossils, and indigenous artifacts, as well as a botanical garden and a library. It is a fascinating place to learn about the Amazon’s natural and cultural history.
- The Círio de Nazaré (Nazaré Procession) – The Círio de Nazaré is the largest religious procession in Brazil, and one of the most important events in the Amazon region. It takes place every year in October, and attracts millions of pilgrims from all over the country. The procession honors Our Lady of Nazaré, the patron saint of Belém, and features a 12-kilometer walk through the city’s streets, accompanied by music, prayers, and traditional dances.
- The Ilha de Mosqueiro (Mosqueiro Island) – The Ilha de Mosqueiro is a beautiful island located just off the coast of Belém, known for its white-sand beaches, crystal-clear waters, and fresh seafood. It is a popular weekend destination for locals and tourists alike, offering a wide range of activities, such as swimming, sunbathing, fishing, and water sports. You can also explore the island’s picturesque villages and sample the delicious local cuisine.
Read More : Tap portugal Airlines booking
- The Forte do Presépio (Fort of the Nativity) – The Forte do Presépio is a historic fortress built by the Portuguese in the 17th century, to protect the city from foreign