Globally, sinusitis is a major health issue. It is estimated that India experiences 31 million cases of sinusitis every year. Most people will feel uncomfortable, and many will miss work or school. Most people will recover from sinus infections, but a few may develop complications. Knowing what causes sinusitis can reduce your odds of getting it, and if it does strike, you’ll know how to speed your recovery & reduce your risk of complications. Homeopathic treatment for sinusitis aims to give a permanent cure to the patient by targeting the root cause.
When To See a Homeopath?
You should see a Homeopath right away if you have the following:
- High fever
- Neck stiffness
- Breath shortness
- Vision changes
- Trouble thinking
- Severe or intense facial pain or pressure
- Redness or swelling around one or both eyes
Sinusitis and Its Types
Sinusitis, in simple terms, is an inflammation or swelling of the tissues lining the sinuses. They are air-filled spaces in the skull that open into the nasal passages. Nevertheless, when they become blocked and filled with mucus, germs can grow and cause infections. These infections often happen after a cold or after an allergy flare-up.
Sinusitis is also known as ‘Paranasal Sinuses.’ There are four pairs of the sinus in humans that are:
- Maxillary Sinus – behind the cheekbones (the largest)
- Ethmoid Sinus – between the eyes
- Frontal Sinus – over the eyes in the brow area
- Sphenoid Sinus – in bones behind the nose
Following are the 4 types of sinusitis:
- Acute Sinusitis – Its’ symptoms last less than 3 weeks and get better with the right care
- Sub-acute Sinusitis – Symptoms last 4 – 8 weeks
- Chronic Sinusitis – These symptoms last 8 weeks or longer
- Recurrent Sinusitis – If you have 3 or more episodes of sinusitis in a year, it’s called recurrent.
Homeopathic treatment for sinusitis is effective, gentle, customized, and beneficial for all age groups.
Symptoms of Sinusitis
The symptoms of sinusitis may depend on age. However, listed below are the most common symptoms of sinusitis:
- Runny nose that lasts longer than 7 -10 days and discharge is often thick green or yellow.
- Cough at night
- Swelling around the eyes
- Occasional daytime cough
Older children and Adults
- Facial pain
- Bad breath
- Sore throat
- Chest congestion
- Cold symptoms that last longer than 7 – 10 days
- Throat drip from the nose
- Eye swelling, worse in the morning
Homeopathic treatment for sinusitis provides symptomatic relief from the condition without causing any side effects.
Causes of Sinusitis
Sinus infections can occur after a cold. The cold inflames the nasal passages and can block the sinus opening, leading to infections. Allergies can also cause the nasal tissues to swell, make more mucus, and cause sinusitis.
Other conditions that can lead to sinusitis are:
- Nose injury
- Tooth infections
- Enlarged adenoids
- Secondhand smoke
- Diving and swimming
- Abnormalities in the structure of the nose
- Forceful and excessive nose-blowing
If mucus drainage is blocked, bacteria can start to grow. This ultimately leads to a sinus infection or sinusitis. The most common bacteria and viruses that cause sinusitis also cause the flu or other kinds of pneumonia. Homeopathy treatment for sinusitis reduces the frequency and intensity of sinus conditions along with the total removal of the inherent tendency itself.
Diagnosis of Sinusitis
Often, a Homeopathic doctor can diagnose sinusitis based on the symptoms and a physical exam. However, sometimes other tests are done to prescribe the best Homeopathic treatment for sinusitis. These may include:
- Sinus X-rays
- Blood tests
- Cultures from the nose
- Sinus Computed Tomography (CT or CAT scan) – This method uses X-rays and computer technology to make images of the body.
8 Tips to Avoid Sinus Pain & Congestion
- Keep hydrated, which keeps mucus thin.
- Avoid irritants such as cigarettes, allergens, and other air pollutants that swell sinus membranes and worsen headaches.
- Use a humidifier or vaporizer to moisten the air of your home may be helpful for sinus pain relief.
- Try steam therapy. A hot shower may offer the same humidifying help.
- Rest is important when suffering from a sinus headache. Increase your rest to ease sinus pain and avoid overexerting yourself.
- Use a sinus rinse. These can be found at your local pharmacy, and they are fairly inexpensive. Use once or twice daily, and make sure to use distilled water.
- Reduce alcohol consumption, which can worsen mucus.
- Try to maintain a healthy lifestyle and maintain a strong immune system as other illnesses such as a viral cold or flu can cause a sinus infection to occur.
If you develop a sinus infection, begin treatment with Homeopathy right away to reduce complications.
Looking for Effective Homeopathic Treatment for Sinusitis?
Dr. Vikas Singhal is a renowned doctor providing effective Homeopathic treatment for sinusitis and other diseases. He has been practicing at his clinic – Dr. Singhal Homeo, Chandigarh treating various mild, rare, chronic, and autoimmune diseases across India for 20 years.
What to Expect from Sinusitis Homeopathy Treatment at Dr. Singhal Homeo?
Homeopathic treatment for sinusitis helps in the following manner:
- Reduces the inflammation of the sinus
- Reduces the relapse of sinusitis
- Enhance the body’s immunity power
- Reduces the intensity & frequency of acute sinusitis attacks
Thousands of patients all over India and in countries like the USA, UK, UAE, Canada, Singapore, New Zealand, England, etc., benefitted from our Homeopathic treatment.
He provides Homeopathic medicine for sinusitis based on the totality of the symptoms. All these medicines are prepared as per instruction by Homeopathic Pharmacopoeia of India (HPI) in our own pharmacy. Moreover, in a comprehensive evaluation of symptoms, he does not simply consider the disease but also various other factors like lifestyle, diet, and the patient’s medical history to proceed with Homeopathic treatment for sinusitis.
For an in-person consultation, you can visit the clinic or opt for an online treatment according to your preference. You can also opt for home delivery of Homeopathic medicine for sinusitis.
Still, got questions about Homeopathic treatment for sinusitis? Reach us at +91 7087462000 or leave a message on our WhatsApp at +91 9041111747 to schedule an appointment.