The packaging of a shipment is key for an ecommerce. Do you know what you have to pay attention to?
Personalized packaging like these luxury apparel boxes is of great importance not only for the marketing of a product (its transport and sale) but also for the marketing of the brand and its presence in the collective imagination.
We review what factors you should take into account when choosing cardboard packaging to get the most out of your online commerce strategy.
The packaging for an online store closes the sales cycle that begins with the search on the web, the purchase and ends with the receipt of the product. Within branded marketing, one of the tools to maintain brand communication and internal consistency is this online sales process. Your packaging must respond to what kind of values your brand transmits and what you want to communicate through your ecommerce.
Why choose a cardboard box
Resistance and customization are some of the reasons to choose a cardboard box for your online store. Why choose a cardboard box to transport your products?
– Cardboard is a resistant material that cushions the possible blows received during transport. Depending on the material, the fragility and the size of your product, you should choose a packaging of greater or lesser resistance. Incorporate inside the box, protective elements such as paper or bubble wrap to avoid impacts.
– 100% recyclable, reusable and biodegradable.
– Cardboard boxes are easy to transport and handle for assembly, transport and storage as they can be stored as a flat sheet and folded down on their sides for use. Having a square or rectangular shape, it is very easy to transport by van, plane or any other means.
– As a product, cardboard boxes come in different sizes to adapt to all types of products and merchandise: from small boxes, wine cases and ham boxes to large boxes for larger products.
– It is a customizable material, optimal for logo and text printing to use as a corporate communication tool. You have made-to-measure boxes and different protective elements that will allow you to unify the communication and marketing components
Tips for choosing the right cardboard box
– Calculate the size of your package. Make a previous measurement to use one size or another depending on the volume of the product to be sent.
– Choose the appropriate packaging according to the weight and size of your products. At Ecopaperbox, they have a wide range of products in stock for the retailer and an advisory team to customize the wholesaler’s products. If you need boxes for clothes gifts, they would provide you various options.
– Protect your products with adequate protective elements to guarantee transport safety.
– Identify your packaging to avoid possible losses during transport.
How should the packaging of fresh products for online sale be?
Is a cardboard box suitable packaging for fresh produce? The packaging of this type of item for online sale must meet resistance and transportability requirements for its correct use. If you have a food store, you should take into account the following characteristics.
– Recyclable cardboard boxes or boxes made with reused materials are ecological elements that follow the maxim of the circular economy, a concept for the reuse of materials.
– Personalized cardboard boxes that allow you to stand out from the competition, provide added value and help generate brand recall.
– One of the basic characteristics of a fresh product packaging is that it facilitates its transport and handling. Corrugated cardboard is not only easily stackable but can also include die-cuts, handles and optimized measures for product distribution.
– The packaging of fresh products must adapt to international regulations for the transfer of food in different means of transport. It must be resistant and reinforced to prevent cold or heat from damaging the products during transport.
– The packaging can be used for transport, storage and display of products, as is the case with ham boxes.
Did you think these tips useful? We hope so!