There’s an assumption that Business Plan have a purpose. They’re written for venture capitalists to determine whether the business is going to be viable. But as my class went on to discover, it’s a lot more helpful to people who need to invest in a company for their livelihood. It helps them determine whether they want to invest, how much they want to invest, whether they want to be a limited partner or an investor, or whether they want to buy the business outright. On the first day of class, someone asked “how do I write a business plan?” A business plan has goals, and revenue.
Benefits of Marketing Plan
They think that [business plans] are more official or more formal. But we learned that when you have a marketing plan that’s written down, you hold yourself accountable to it. That’s when you’re going to make sure that you actually make money or that you succeed.
Are you seeking to provide more education to start-up entrepreneurs?
The class has been so successful. We want to do it all over the city. We want to start in Birmingham, and then we’re also working with entrepreneurs in Charlotte and Raleigh and Atlanta, and Nashville. We want to bring it to other cities, so people can learn
Taking the money out of business: who’s the boss, who’s your boss, and how much?
I got the idea from a student in the class who had started an events business. She had a contract with another venue for three months, and they wanted her to invest $75,000. She had a six-month backlog of shows and said she couldn’t do it. I asked her, “Well, what’s your business plan? What’s your marketing plan?
the business I know, I know how to do my website. What do I do with the money? How do I know when I’m profitable?”
The course started with a two-day class, but it’s been so popular that we’re just going today
Business Ideas: The Intuitive Approach to Profit and Success.
- Invest in business-oriented computer software, and be a distributor. We’ve been in contact with clients like Tarsus Group in Buffalo, NY, who have been using CrowdStrike.
- Join Facebook groups, and get to know the people. Be a part of a number of groups and go where people are.
- Find out who’s out there, follow them, copy them. See what’s worked for them, what hasn’t worked for them, and replicate it.
- Write articles. Write at least one article a week on the topic of business. Connect with other writers.
- Get into crowdfunding. Once you can build a following and get some traction, use crowdfunding to fund your own projects. Get the money before you build it.
and then let people know that they can start a business.
- Join networks. Make sure that people know who you are, what your background is, and where you went to school.
- Study how the Internet works, and find out how it can help you. What are the great ways.