Cricket is a sport that glues Indian audiences on the television screen. After watching your favorite player, you feel like giving it a go and playing it yourself. But, just like your favorite cricket players, how do you keep improving your cricket skills? Of course, practice is essential for perfection, but there are other things that one should apply to improve as a bowler or a batter.
Things you need to work on to improve as a batter or bowler:
- You should admit your weaknesses and work on improving them. Indeed, it’s not that easy or exciting, but it is the first step toward growth. It could be off-side too early, or the front pad goes too far for cricket. Something like this could affect the sport significantly, so make sure you accept where you lag and improve upon those aspects.
- While working on your weakness is very important, building upon the strengths is even more crucial. It is essential not to get complacent and disregard your muscles. It would help if you continued to hone your skills in practice. That means continuously bowling your regular outswinger at a good line and length, playing that bounce on the cover or drive.
- The best cricketers in the world constantly work hard to evolve, looking to improve their sport. Dale Steyn developed a deadly inswinger after focusing on out swinging early in his career. Jasprit Bumrah emerged as an excellent white-ball bowler before adapting beautifully to the Test game.
- Irrespective of whether you’re better at bowling or batting, it is essential to practice to the best of your ability. You have to aim to be good at everything, even if you excel at one section.
- It is natural to have doubts and nerves when playing. Sometimes, we are hard-wired to go on the defensive, making it more important to believe in ourselves. If you don’t think you’re good enough, you never will be.
Last, to be inspired and consistent, one must watch as many cricket matches as possible. But, watching several sports one after the other can be exhausting, so to make the process exciting and fun, you can try out fantasy cricket.
Fantasy cricket is getting a lot of attention because it is a virtual sport where you can form a team with real players. It allows its players to create their own teams with players of their choice; they can choose players from the teams playing live. It is a brilliant way to work on your critical and analytical skills. You use those skills to choose the players in your fantasy cricket team and depending on how the players perform in the match, you gain points.
So these are some ways you can improve your cricket skills, and your analytical abilities.
Playing these sports is interesting if you are a cricket enthusiast who has watched many cricket matches, you will be able to analyze a match and its players well. So it is worth trying out fantasy cricket. It is a way for you to make use of your cricket skills without leaving the comfort of your home, and for someone who is into cricket, these sports are great for passing the time.