Fleas are parasites which are mainly found on animals which are furry. These insects are very tiny and most of the time we can’t even spot them as they change their place very quickly. Fleas cause a sort of itching after getting bitten by them. These fleas change their host by jumping from one animal to another. They also cause some serious problems too. There are around hundreds of these fleas. Do you want to attain affordable pest control services? Contact experts today!
Read below to know more about their types and problems so you can be careful with these little insects and make your pets safe too.
- The first type of flea is cat flea or in scientific terms ctenocephalides felis. These types of fleas cannot stay on a single host for too long. Whenever they feel that the host is unsuitable, it jumps to another.
- Their lifecycle passes through many stages like eggs, larva, pupa, and then finally adult. It can take around eight months to be fully grown up. Cat fleas can detect its host just by their movements and their stepping vibration.
- If your pet has cat fleas then it might cause them some scratching or itching on their body and also they will get allergies as it can turn the skin color to red.
Read some insights on Organic Pest Control Tips for Fleas.
- We all see that dogs handle too much itching, as they always use their legs to get some relaxation. This flea feeds on dogs’ bodies and even on humans too as it can jump into your skin while you are playing with your pet.
- Dog fleas also go through the same process like cat fleas in lifecycles. Dog fleas are known to be long jump fleas as they can probably jump 16 cm, from one host to another and their main hosts are dogs.
- If a flea bite dogs the reaction would itch and they even bite themselves due to irritation all over their neck and head. Continuous scratching may result in getting dogs skin burning.
- Even birds are not safe from these annoying little insects. Bird fleas usually live on the blood of the host they are feeding and biting.
- This species can only live for a little span of time. Either they live indoors or on nests of different birds. Bird fleas can be multiplied continuously on those nests and other places where birds are present.
- The bird flea can cause some serious illness or disease like anemia or even sometimes result in death due to blood loss by biting. The bites of bird fleas causes terrible irritation and also different reactions. You can also read our blog How To Prevent A Flea Infestation?
Call for Professional Help
We Pest Exterminator are totally dedicated in giving the best solutions to your fleas problems. Removing these nasty creatures is an important and priority task to do. We will inspect your house and surroundings to see any possible reason for the fleas problems. With our specialized pest controllers team, we will make your home and your pets flea free. The best non toxic pest control solution used by us is safe. Call us now to book an appointment.