Many of us hire professional carpet cleaners only when selling a property or moving out of rented premises. However, carpets are long-lasting only when they are cleaned and maintained regularly. It helps to keep your carpets free from dirt, dust, grime, stains etc. Thus, making them look more hygienic and fresh. If you have not hired a professional carpet cleaner earlier and are wondering how much it costs you are on the right page. Go through this blog and you will get an idea about the carpet cleaning cost and the need for professional carpet cleaning. ‘
How Much Does Carpet Cleaning Service Cost?
Most carpet cleaning services have a standard rate per room and this can be further affected by the size of your room and the stains it has. Some carpet cleaning companies charge per hour. While some companies have a concept of minimum charge or a minimum number of rooms they will clean.
Generally, the cost of carpet cleaning starts from $10 per room, which includes only a one-step cleaning. A more deep and thorough cleaning process includes 4 to 6 stages which cost around $20 to 40 per room. Hourly carpet cleaning rate generally ranges from $40 to 60 per hour.
Here is the list of average carpet cleaning rates prevalent in Australia:-
- For a two-bedroom unit- $75 to 95
- For a three-bedroom unit- $88 to 105
- For a two-bedroom unfurnished townhouse- $125
- For a two-bedroom furnished townhouse- $135
- For a three-bedroom house- $140 to 185
- For a larger house- $185 plus
However, cleaning prices can go higher if you have large carpets or if it is dealing with stubborn and tough stains. In addition, the cost of carpet cleaning also varies for different kinds of rooms, such as:-
- A stairway may be charged as a room or at a fixed price per stair.
- Hallways and landings may be charged as a room depending upon its size.
- Dining rooms or large living rooms may be charged as two rooms.
Carpet Cleaning Cost Also Depends Upon The Method Used:-
- Dry Cleaning Cost: In dry carpet cleaning, cleaners use powders and chemical foams to lift the dirt and stains. Then with the help of a brush, they remove it and later on the agents are set to dry. This method does not involve the usage of water. Dry cleaning carpet cost usually varies between $25 to 50 per room.
- Steam Cleaning Cost: This method is effective in eliminating embedded dirt and tough stains. In this, a steam cleaner is used that requires hot water extraction and cleaning agents. Steam cleaning cost ranges from $25 to 45 per room. Moreover, this cost is also influenced by the number and size of rooms in your house.
Factors Affecting Carpet Cleaning Cost
The overall carpet cleaning cost is influenced by the following:-
- Square footage: Carpet cleaning services are mostly priced per square foot. More the carpeted flooring they clean, the more they will charge. However, cleaning techniques and location are also considered while calculating the final cost.
- The extent of stain: Heavily soiled and stained carpets involve a lot of labour thus, they are costly to clean. Tough pet stains and stubborn stains also require special techniques and tools to remove, which hikes the cost of cleaning.
- Carpet damages: Professional cleaners charge more if your carpet is subject to any tear, burn, or discolouration.
- Mould growth and Pest infestation: Removing moulds and pests required a few additional steps, more effort, and the use of more techniques and products. Thus, it causes the carpet cleaning cost to rise.
- Type of carpet: Nylon, polyester and Berber carpets are very easy to clean. On the other hand, cotton carpets are difficult to handle and are very labour-intensive requiring extra care to prevent damage.
- Your house layout: Hard to reach and remote areas with various types of furniture moving costs more. Thus, the home layout is a very important aspect in determining the price criteria.
- Location: Transportation of heavy cleaning tools and machines on top floors or high rise buildings is often time-consuming. This increases the carpet cleaning cost.
- The company you hire: It has been noticed that companies that are cost-effective sometimes compromise on the quality. High reputed cleaning companies charge more than the average market price, so always go for companies with mid-prices.
Carpet cleaning costs can differ depending upon the services you require. Knowing the average cleaning cost you will be able to easily determine whether you want a cleaner or not. Moreover, before hiring a professional carpet cleaner, it is essential to find out what is included in their quote. Is spot or stain removal, deodorizing and sanitizing included? Do they charge extra fees to move your furniture such as beds, cupboards, sofa sets etc? You must ask these questions to yourself before booking a carpet cleaning service.