If we are looking for the best way to mow the garden, battery-powered lawnmowers offer various functionalities capable of adapting to the technical and aesthetic demands of these types of terrain, and to all kinds of weeds and growth irregularities.
However, to make the most of a mower’s potential it must be compatible with the size of your garden.
Battery lawnmower, a performance optimization
Battery – powered lawnmowers stand out because they are quieter and lighter than an engine or explosion-powered one, and they do not require a cable to operate.
Regarding the duration of the battery, the advantage of the market is that each model has the duration time in its specifications and this allows you to choose the mower that adapts to the size/time that your garden requires.
The battery Outdoor power equipment lawnmower gives you, among its many other advantages, a much larger cutting space, since it does not require a cable for its operation. Thanks to this, there will be nothing to hinder its performance or the need to look for an outlet or a long extension cord to reach those areas where the cable does not reach.
Batteries offer the advantage of their duration and recharge. Different models generally use 12V lead-acid batteries with a limited charging time that varies from model to model. When it is downloaded, there is nothing left to do but connect it and wait.
Other battery models are lithium ones, which offer greater charging power and provide 18 V in the cordless lawnmower, being able to cut for up to one hour continuously.
In addition, the battery of a cordless lawnmower means that the device does not generate an impact on the environment, due to the absence of combustion.
The battery lawn mower also has other important functions:
- shred the grass
- he bags it
- Unloads it on the side or rear
How to choose a battery lawn mower based on the size of your garden
As mentioned above, to choose the most efficient mower you must take into account the size of the garden where it will be used. For this it is necessary to know the exact dimensions of the space. You can determine this with the following step by step:
- Put several stakes in the imaginary boundaries of the land, such as fences and corners. Then, measure the distance between one stake and the other with the help of a tape measure or other measuring tool.
- Make a drawing of the garden in Reduction Scale on a sheet of four squares per inch.
- Map the areas of the flower bed by inches on the paper. If your garden is small, each inch should represent 1 foot of the garden, while each square represents 3 inches. On the other hand, if your garden is large, each inch represents 2 feet of garden, and each square will represent 6 inches.
- Now you need to calculate how long it takes you to mow 10ft² to account for when checking your mower’s amperage settings.
The formula is as follows: X= Total area x time (t)/10ft²
The battery life time while mowing varies according to its voltage and, as already mentioned, each model has different voltages:
- 12V batteries have duration of use between 30 and 45 minutes.
- 24V batteries have duration of use between 45 and 75 minutes.
- The 36V batteries have duration of use of approximately 90 minutes.
- Other characteristics and relevant data to consider are:
- They are ideal lawnmowers for medium-sized spaces with a maximum of 2000 m2. Although its capacity varies according to the model and size of the lawn.
- It is then important to consider the size of the lawn, the weeds and the frequency with which it is going to be used.
- A relevant factor that many people do not consider is their weight. A cordless lawnmower provides ergonomics and lightweight ease of transport.
- If your garden has spaces with corners or where access is somewhat difficult, this type of tool will be very useful since the cables will not be an obstacle.
- Also, if you are looking for a semi- professional, non-everyday lawn mower that can be used by any member of the family, the battery-powered design is ideal.
- It is also important to consider the terrain. Preferably it is better to use the tool on flat spaces.
- The duration of battery use is also related to the height of the grass to be cut. If it is very long, the effort will be greater and the battery life will be reduced.
- You must also take into account the propulsion, because in these tools the battery powers the wheels and the blade.
- It is important to weigh all the pros and cons at the time of purchase, since you are about to acquire a tool that can give you years of useful life if you use it correctly and maintain it well.