The most popular entity associated with the cloud that you’ve heard of is “Cloud architect.” In this post, we will understand what cloud architects do and will review the abilities and credentials required to become one. You can also understand the different types of jobs available should you choose to go towards this path of career.
Cloud computing is an innovation that has cut down on expenses in business operations. The career path of a cloud architect is among the most promising career options for cloud-based professionals. Cloud Architect is accountable for translating the technical requirements of a plan into the structure and design that will determine the end product. Most often, Cloud Architects are also responsible for bridges between complicated business challenges and solutions that are cloud-based. Other team members that are comprised of technology experts, like DevOps developers and engineers collaborate with Cloud Architects who are certified with the Cloud computing course. Cloud Architect to ensure that the appropriate technology or tools are being developed.
What is a Cloud Architect?
Cloud architects are IT specialists who are knowledgeable in designing and building structures. They are in charge of cloud management, by forming strategies, deploying software, and others. Because they manage the entire cloud architecture, they directly report to management at the top like the director or chief technical officer, etc.
What Exactly Does A Cloud Architect Do?
Cloud architects are responsible for all aspects of cloud technology, starting with the creation of strategies, then deployment of applications, to keeping track of cloud activities, to designing and migrating apps to networks to cloud storage. They serve as managers and technical leaders.
Cloud Architecture Job Description
Anyone who wants to be a cloud architect may review the description of the position below:
- Designing and planning cloud environments
- Develop a cloud strategy and control the process of adaption.
- Examine cloud-based applications.
- Monitor cloud privacy.
- Respond to technical questions and provide assistance.
- Assist in the maintenance of the systems
- Expertise transfer in a full infrastructure.
- Recognizing the relevant systems
Cloud Architect Skills
- Programming Knowledge.
- Interpersonal abilities.
- Managerial skills.
- Leadership skills.
- The ability to design, build cloud infrastructure, and then deploy it.
- Expertise in IT ecosystems.
- The ability to use tools like the Visual Paradigm, Cloudcraft, Arcentry, Azure, Edraw is an additional advantage.
How Do You Become A Cloud Architect?
1. A bachelor’s degree is required.
The prerequisite for becoming a cloud architect is obtaining an undergraduate degree. ( sciences background).
2. Get on-the-job experience
Cloud architect positions are typically entry-level or mid-level jobs. Thus, having experience is essential to begin your career as a cloud architect.
3. Get your skills updated with certifications
Cloud architects don’t only have to be concerned about gaining experience, but also advancing their skills through online courses like those that confer the AWS certification. This certification is proof of your ability to develop storage, network, and security.
Other certifications include:
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE): Cloud Platform and Infrastructure.
- IBM Certified Cloud Solution Architect v2.
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect Associate
- Microsoft Certified Azure Architect
- Google Cloud Platform Cloud Architect
- Salesforce Certifications.
- Oracle Cloud Infrastructure Architect Associate Certification.
- Red Hat Certified System Administrator in Red Hat OpenStack.
- CompTIA Cloud Essentials.
- VMware Certified Professional 6. VMware Certified Professional 6 Data Center Virtualization Exam.
- In addition to these certifications take part in reading books
Cloud Architect Jobs
Certified cloud architects with exceptional skills are in high demand Some of the types of jobs include:
- Azure Cloud Architect: An Azure cloud architect can be described as an IT expert who assists in the creation, development, and running of an Azure cloud-based environment. Azure Cloud Architect’s salary in the USA is $166,000 annually or $80/hour.
- AWS Specialists: AWS specialist is a cloud specialist who is responsible for creating secure internet protocols as well as updating AWS security products and features.AWS Specialists’ salaries in India start at the amount of Rs. 6,07,000 per year.
- Service Cloud Architect A service cloud architect is accountable for developing an effective cloud strategy that is well-informed that regularly assesses cloud-based services as well as develops and manages cloud-based systems and addresses technical problems professionally and promptly. The salary of a service cloud architect for the USA is around $118,266.
- Security Architect: Security Architect is responsible for reviewing the current security measures in the system security measures and suggesting enhancements as well as conducting regular tests of the system and keeping track of the network security. The salary of a security architect in India is approximately Rs2,180,428 years.
- AWS Cloud Solutions Architect: The AWS cloud solutions architect is accountable for deploying and securing AWS technologies.
- Senior IT Architecture: The Senior IT Architects are responsible to review architectural plans in accordance with federal codes, laws, and regulations, as well as advising subcontractors on the understanding of plans. The salary for a Senior IT Architect in India is approximately Rs2,759K year.
- Solutions Architect: The solution architect is accountable for analyzing the technological environment as well as enterprise specifics, writing down the requirements, creating an idea for a solution, and overseeing the solution’s development. The salary of a AWS certified solutions architect in Atlanta is around Rs. 1,900,000 per year.
Cloud Architect Salary
Cloud architects are often in high-level positions and make more than six figures. Based on the scale of pay, a high-paying cloud architect’s salary can be as high as two million dollars per year. A technical cloud architect’s salary is about 2,400,000 annually.
Are You Ready To Become A Cloud Architect?
We’ve covered the essentials of a cloud architect’s career route. But, the journey doesn’t end there, as one should continue to update their knowledge of cloud technology in order to increase their capabilities as cloud architects. Participating in online courses and obtaining certifications will enable you to access a wide range of jobs in well-known companies all over the world.