The so-called Law of General Interest defines the sporting events that must be broadcast openly, either lives or deferred. According to the new regulation that implements the joint marketing of football audiovisual rights, Royal Decree-Law 5/2015, the marketing of rights to events of general interest to society must be guaranteed (Art. 20 LGCA).
The State Audiovisual Media Council must establish, by means of a reasoned decision, a biennial catalog containing the events of general interest to society that must be broadcast on free-to-air television and with state coverage. In doing so, it will also be determined whether the events must be broadcast totally or partially live, or if necessary, for reasons of public interest, totally or partially deferred click Here.
The events of general interest for society that can be included in the aforementioned catalog must be chosen from the following list:
- The winter and Summer Olympics.
- The official matches of the absolute Spanish football and basketball team.
- The semifinals and the final of the European Football Championship and the World Cup.
- The final of the football Champions League and the Copa Del Rey football.
- One match per day of the Professional Football League of the First Division, designated by it at least 10 days in advance.
- Motorsport Grand Prix held in Spain.
- Motorcycle Grand Prix held in Spain.
- Participation of the Spanish National Team in the European and World Handball Championships.
- The Cycling Tour of Spain.
- The World Cycling Championship.
- Spanish participation in the tennis Davis Cup.
- The participation of Spanish tennis players in the semifinals and the final of Roland Garros.
- Spanish participation in the World and European Athletics and Swimming Championships.
- Grand prizes or national and international competitions that are held in Spain and have a state or regional public subsidy.
Exceptionally and by a two-thirds majority, the State Audiovisual Media Council may include in the catalog other events that it considers to be of general interest to society.
The catalog and the measures for its execution must be notified by the State Audiovisual Media Council to the European Commission.
When one of these events is contracted for its exclusive 해외스포츠중계 by an audiovisual communication service provider that broadcasts all of its encrypted programming, you may choose between broadcasting the event live and open or selling it to another provider for its open broadcast and price set by auction among interested providers. In the event that no offer is received, the provider who owns the exclusive broadcasting rights is obliged to broadcast the event open-air, whether live or deferred.
When one of these events is contracted for exclusive broadcast by an audiovisual communication service provider that broadcasts free-to-air in a coverage area lower than the state, it will retain the right to broadcast exclusively for its coverage area. However, it will have to sell to a state coverage provider or to a series of providers that cover the entire territory, the open and direct broadcast for the rest of the state territory, at a price set by auction among the interested parties. In the event that there are no offers, it will retain its right to broadcast exclusively within its scope of coverage.
When one of these events is not contracted for television audiovisual communication, the owner of the rights will have to sell the right to open and direct broadcast with state coverage at a price set by auction among the interested parties.