Keeping your skin clean and making it look hydrated definitely comes with a cost and that cost is your time and money. Each one of us definitely dreams of having clean and hydrated skin but the question is how many of us can invest our time, money and energy in actually working on making our skin look clean and hydrated. The answer to this question is simple, some people may not have time to follow a proper skincare routine every day while others may not have the money to fulfill their desire of making their skin look clean and hydrated. So the solution for everyone who is looking forward to having a clean and hydrated skin that too within their pocket’s accessibility is hydrafacial.
What is hydrafacial?
Hydrafacial as the name suggests is a facial like treatment, now you may be wondering if it’s just a facial why are people all over the world going gaga over it. It is because hydrafacial is a three to four step patented treatment which begins with cleansing your skin, exfoliating it and then infusing your skin with hydrating serums. To perform all these steps a hydradermabrasion device is used. Hydrafacials are performed at all major beauty spas, aesthetic clinics and Evercare Hospital.
Who needs to get hydrafacial done?
Hydrafacials have countless benefits for skins of all types. Be it dry skin, oily skin, acne prone skin or sensitive skin all kinds of skin can equally benefit from hydrafacials. Here is a list of skin conditions that can be reversed or treated with the help of hydrafacial:
- The cleansing and exfoliating steps performed during Hydrafacial can help treat blackheads.
- Since hydrafacial helps clear out dirt from all the pores it helps in treating acne.
- Acne scars can also be treated with the help of hydrafacial due to skin exfoliation that happens during a hydrafacial.
- Some studies show that hydrafacial can help treat rosacea (a skin condition) but since there is no sound evidence that supports this study rosacea patients must consult a Skin specialist in Lahore before getting a hydrafacial.
- Hydrafacial helps reverse signs of aging by minimising the pores and reducing fine lines and hyperpigmentation.
What does the procedure of a hydrafacial look like?
The entire procedure of a hydrafacial takes around 30 to 40 minutes and here is how it is performed:
- On the day of the hydrafacial appointment when the patient reaches the clinic they are taken to the procedure room and asked to lie down on a table.
- The facial starts with the aesthetician using a cleaning and peeling tip on the hydrafacial machine. The handheld device or machine starts moving in a circular motion on all parts of your face. It removes all the superficial sebum, debris and dead skin cells and works on opening the pores gently.
- For this step the aesthetician changes the tip on the machine to deliver a layer of a gentle chemical peel on the skin. The peel is a mix of some harmless chemicals that help loosen deep debris and accumulations in the pores.
- Next is the extraction step which uses vacuum like suction tips and works on the skin to collect all the dirt and impurities from deep down. These impurities are collected in a cup attached right after the extraction tip.
- Last step is the application of hydrating serums with the help of the application tip of the machine. Serums used in this step are customised specially for each client depending on the needs of their skin. Serum application helps detoxify and rejuvenate your skin.