For laying power cables, information, signal wiring, a system of cable trays is used. The use of this system greatly simplifies the work and saves costs when installing cables.
Cable trays are used in offices, residential, warehouse, retail and industrial premises of various sizes.
They can be used in various types of installation (wall, ceiling, inclined, combined) and can be laid both hidden (for example, behind false ceilings) and open.
we provide instant Paid Guest Post Service.
The cable tray is presented in the form of an electrical part used in the electrical production of system routes and overhead lines, designed to distribute cables, various wires (power networks and low-current, video surveillance devices) in them.
To date, Power Engineering, a well-known manufacturer of cable tray in Pakistan has this product with such a quality that it is used to equip cable routes in office premises and bases, industrial outlets, and large shopping centers.
In maintenance, they are easily accessible, as they provide access to electrical wiring.
If you need to replace or add the required cable, or if you want to install economically, then this solution will avoid large labor costs.
One of the main advantages is the aesthetic charm of the wires that are placed in the cable trays, and even the presence of a large number of cables can be made outwardly very beautiful.
Design Features of Cable Trays
Metal cable trays are electrical products in the form of an open structure (steel U-shaped profile).
They are made in different geometric parameters and have special stiffeners that increase the load-bearing capacity of the tray.
One of the varieties is ladder trays. In one tray (if its size allows), the joint laying of cables of various types is allowed – electrical, telephone, computer and others.
In this case, the cables are separated by partitions. The collection of trays forms a suspended or wall-mounted cable support system.
Cable Tray: Functions
- Cable trays perform several functions:
- protection of cables from mechanical loads and insulation damage;
- providing compact and convenient placement of wires (cables);
- providing quick access to power and other lines during their maintenance and repair.
Cable Tray: Types
In the installation of cable lines, the following types of trays are used:
- non-perforated tray. The base has a solid, continuous surface. They are carried out when laying lines that require a high level of protection from the environment. They can be equipped with special covers that provide more reliable protection;
- perforated – equipped with holes in the base, they are lightweight in design. Holes provide ventilation lines, remove moisture, and also allow you to mount the tray to the ceiling or wall directly through the case;
- wire tray . They have a light, open design and are extremely easy to install. They are mainly used in places where it is necessary to lay a large number of cables and wires of various types, and quick access to lines is required;
- ladder tray (cable growth). They do not have corners, they are distinguished by a high bearing capacity, they are used when it is necessary to lay heavy and powerful industrial cables.
Cable Tray : Characteristic Features
A cable tray is a hollow profile or box made of metal. It consists of a base (all the necessary wires are laid in it) and a cover.
The cover performs the function of protection, preventing the device from various external damages.
The width of such trays is from 50 to 6000 mm, and the length dimensions are 2000-3000 mm.
There are several ways to combine cable trays. For example, some have sections that are inserted into others by fixing the connection with screws or joining sections.
Then it is fixed with the necessary connector, which comes with the product. As a result, the cable route receives enhanced rigidity.
Fittings for cable trays have connectors and a variety of corner connections, various branches, disconnectors and transitions, T-shaped and cross-shaped trays.
There are the following types of cable trays: wire, ladder, solid, perforated.
The product is a component of a cable support structure or otherwise called wire fasteners. There are a number of requirements for their installation.
According to the regulations, the cable tray must be fixed at a height of 2 m or more.
Any connection when installing the cable tray must be made only with a threaded fastener.
Cable trays play a very important role when installing cable or wiring. They provide secondary protection, plus they have an aesthetic appeal.