In Australia, there are 4.3 million people who live with a physical or mental disability. For these individuals, everyday life can be difficult without the right resources and support. Fortunately, the Australian government has recognised the importance of creating a more inclusive society and has introduced the NDIS.
The National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) is a plan that will provide Australians with disability access to funding for specific care and support services to help them live empowered and fulfilling lives. The NDIS aims to give people with disabilities choices about how they live their lives through individually tailored support.
In this post, we will discuss all you need to know about NDIS support Services.
Objectives of the NDIS
The NDIS was established under the National Disability Insurance Scheme Act 2013 (NDIS Act). Progressively introduced across all states and territories, the NDIS gives Australians the peace of mind that they or a loved one receives the support they need,
The key objectives of the NDIS are as follows:
- supporting the independence of people with disability.
- Providing opportunities for social and economic participation.
- Providing reasonable and necessary support for people with disabilities and their families.
- Allowing people with disabilities to exercise choice and control in the pursuit of their goals.
- Facilitating the development of a consistent approach to the access, planning and funding of people with disabilities.
- Committed to promoting high quality and innovative supports for people with disabilities.
What Is Funded?
There are a number of supports that the NDIS provides funding for. Areas of support include education employment, social participation, independent living arrangements, hell and wellbeing.
- Daily personal activities
- Transport to enable community, social, economic participation as well as daily life activities
- Workplace help to allow a participant to successfully get or keep employment
- Therapeutic support
- Help with household tasks to allow the participant to maintain their home environment
- Help by skilled personnel in arranging aids or equipment assessment, set up and training
- Home modifications
- Mobility equipment
- Vehicle modifications
The NDIA will work with you and your family to develop a plan of tailored disability supports that can help some achieve their goals. However, to ensure your support is eligible, it must be considered “reasonable and necessary”.
This means that assistance and support must be related to your disability and beneficial to reaching your goals. NDIS funding does not include everyday living costs that are not related to your disability.
What is an NDIS provider?
With a range of supports and services, navigating the NDIS can be daunting. An NDIS Service provide is a person, business or organisation that delivers funded services to NDIS participants.
As an NDIS participant, you have a lot of choice and control over who delivers your services. To make sure that you receive the right service and support, Sapphire Support is the leading NDIS service provider based on the Sunshine Coast.
Providing High-Quality NDIS Support Services
Sapphire Support’s NDIS services make it easier for you to access the right support, when and how you need it. Their experienced staff will work with your goals and objectives to develop a tailored plan of support that can make a real difference. For more on the NDIS, get in touch today.