Nowadays skin care has become a primary goal of every person. Everybody wants to have a flawless and younger looking skin. And why wouldn’t they? The first thing that immediately comes in notice is your skin so taking care of it is important. Many techniques and methods have been introduced in the world of skin care. And people opt for various techniques to deal with their skin problems.
Derma roller is also one of them. It is basically a process called Microneedling. It is a facial technique that is very inn nowadays. It’s a roller with small needles on it. Its purpose is to treat the damaged skin and fight with acne. When rolled onto our facial skin in an orderly motion, create micro-injuries on the skin. This may sound terrifying, but it claims to overdrive the collagen and elastin production in our skin to heal the micro-injuries.
Almost every person has to go through certain skin problems but the most common is acne or pimples. Every person in his life has faced this problem. There are many remedies and treatments that help in fighting acne and derma roller is one of them. Derma roller is an easy and simple way to treat acne and acne scars. Good thing is that it not only deals with acne scars but also helps in hyperpigmentation and fine lines and it also improves the surface of the skin.
It is a slightly intrusive cosmetic procedure that’s used to treat skin problems through collagen production. This treatment suitable for people who wants to deal with acne and acne scars. But not only is that it also used in anti-aging procedures such as dealing with sun spots and eye lid surgery. Just like every other thing it also has its pros and cons. Here we will talk about the benefits and side effects of using derma roller.
- It’s considered effective in treating minor scarring related to acne, wounds, and aging.
- Ideal results are achieved after multiple sessions.
- It is used to treat stretch marks in other areas of the body as well.
- Scarring on other body parts can also be treated with this procedure.
- With continuous use of derma roller it can reduce wrinkles and stretch marks.
- It also helps in acne and skin discoloration.
- It also increases skin thickness.
- Facial rejuvenation.
- It can help minimize the presence of stretch marks.
- After using derma roller your skin works fairly quickly to rejuvenate new tissue
Using derma roller can also have side effects on the skin depending upon the type of skin.
- Mild redness and irritation can appear in the first few days.
- Skin feels tight and swollen.
- Skin gets dry and extremely sensitive even to a slight touch.
- It is not recommended for people who take or have taken some sort of radiations.
- Pregnant women should avoid this as it may cause reaction to the skin.
- It is also not recommended for people who have a history of scarring or their wounds don’t heal quickly.
- People with active infections or open wounds should wait until their skin heals before trying it.
- Skin redness is the obvious and common side effect of derma roller that people experience right after using it. The best way to avoid this is to use derma roller at night before going to bed. If you are using longer needle lengths or rolling more aggressively, some redness may still be noticeable the next day.
- Using longer needles results in leaving your skin rough and dry but the dryness will last only for few days. You can use a good moisturizer for the dryness as well.
- Derma rolling can intensify skin inflammation.
- Infection is one of the serious side effects of derma roller. To avoid this make sure to properly clean and disinfect your derma roller.
- Impermanent bleeding can occur when rolling aggressively when using longer needle lengths.
- Using long needles on thin skin or rolling too forcefully can cause temporary bruising as well. You can avoid this by selecting the correct needle length for the area of skin to be treated, and using moderate pressure only.
- Those who have hypersensitive skin may also experience skin irritation but it won’t last very long.
- Dark skin individuals might face temporary hyperpigmentation if the skin is exposed to the sun right after using derma roller.
These are the benefits and side effects of derma roller which everybody should know before thinking of using this technique. Al though this method is effective and has many benefits but there are few side effects as well that shouldn’t be ignored as it can cause damage to your skin. So before going for thus technique one should clearly know about each and every detail.
Many people are using derma rollers because of its good results and as it says that it deals with acne, acne scars, stretch marks and many other skin related concerns and problems it also delivers what it promises. But before starting this method one should concern to the doctor of its procedure and duration.