We usually struggle to find the right shampoo for our hair. Unknowingly by using the wrong shampoo, we cause more harm to them which end up in an irreversible situation. Everyone has different types of hair so it is important to choose the shampoo which is made for your hair type. The shampoo is not only for cleansing your hair but also to create the right balance of moisture and nutrition. The right products can bring in a huge change in your hair. So it is always necessary to first out your hair type and then look for the shampoo. Know the active ingredients and then think about whether it is good for your hair or not.
There are many hair products in the market which helps you to get the salon finished look. Also, it is said that never judge the shampoo from its price tag as many people have seen bad results from the expensive ones and vice-versa. Also, if you have gone through any color treatment, there are many shampoos that will help in retaining the color. If you have dry hair, many shampoos will help in keeping them moisturized and nourished. If you have oily hair, many shampoos will help in controlling the oil production in hair. You can easily get shampoo online from many websites at much affordable costs. Also, know that it is never all about the shampoo, but also about the technique is using it. Following is the step-by-step guide on using the shampoo correctly:
- Wet all your hair with water. Make sure the water is not too hot or cold.
- Take a few pumps of shampoo and dilute it with some amount of water. It is always recommended not to use shampoo directly on your hair. You can also take some amount on your hand, rub it into your palms and then apply.
- Apply it on the hair and massage it until it lathers. Focus on the scalp and not on the length of the hair. It is because most attention should be laid on the scalp and not the length of hair.
- Once you are done, rinse it with water.
- If required, you can use a conditioner directly and keep it for 2-3 minutes and rinse again.
- You can also use a hair mask, once a week for extra nourishment.
- After rinsing, use a micro-fiber towel and wrap them. Try to air dry them and if in an emergency, you can use a blower.
No matter what your hair type is, it is always recommended to use mild shampoos. These are gentle cleansers thus it does not harm your hair. If you are confused while looking for an ideal shampoo, the following points will help you out:
- Scalp type- It is very much important to choose the shampoo considering your scalp type. The job of the shampoo is written on the bottle. It is very important to get the right type of shampoo so that the shampoo does its job.
- Hair quality- Hair types differ like thin hair, thick hair, curly hair, wavy hair, straight hair etc. every shampoo is manufactured on the basis of different hair types. So here it is important to get the shampoo based on your hair quality. Like some shampoos are developed especially for thin hairs as they will help in strengthening the hair. Dry hair needs moisturizing shampoos which will help in retaining the moisture. Oily hair requires shampoos that have sulfates. Also, there are many shampoos for controlling hair fall, dandruff etc.
- Acidity level- The ph level of the scalp is higher than the rest of the hair. In case your shampoo’s ph level is high, it can disturb the hair follicles. This will end up resulting in hair thinning. It also makes your hair look dull. Know that for dry hair, shampoo with a low ph level will work wonders. Also, if you have dry hair, don’t use shampoos that have sulfates. Sulfate enriched shampoos can cause huge damage to your hair. As per the experts, an ideal ph level for shampoos is 5.5. make sure to buy shampoos that will lower ph levels as high ph level shampoo will affect your hair roots and make them frizzy.
- Shampoo ingredients- Many shampoos have some natural ingredients. These shampoos work great for your hair and do not have any side effects as well. Shampoos enriched with aloe vera, neem, etc are great for all hair types. Also, prefer to go for those shampoos which are free from fragrances and artificial colors. Shampoos with having alcohol concentration also make your hair look dull and frizzy, so try to avoid them too.
- Cheap and expensive products- Never fall for the prices and think that high-end products will do good for your hair. Many people have experienced great results with normal range products. It is all about what suits your hair type.
- Switch to single shampoo- When you start using a shampoo, stick with it for at least a few months. It is important to have patience as it will take time for the product to show its results. Changing the shampoos frequently will cause damage only with no effective results. Also, some products take time to adjust, so it is important to wait for the product to show its effectiveness.
- Hair damage- Choose the shampoo by considering the problem. For example- if you have dandruff, go for the anti-dandruff shampoo. If you have colored hair, you should go for the hair which will protect your hair color. Make sure to read the instruction like what is the product made for.
So above are some points which will help you to consider the right shampoo for you. You can easily search the shampoos online and you can easily go through the description. To buy shampoo online, make sure to visit a well-known website or app so that you do not get fooled by the fake ones. Do the right research and then make your choice.