Organizations across the world are wakening up to the benefits of coaching. Organizations are attaining a high rate of success by encouraging their leaders and managers to open themselves up to being coached by executive coaches. Lately, organizations have realized that coaching individuals limits the changes to one person while coaching a team can have wider and far-reaching effects. This is where Systemic Team Coaching comes in.
What is Systemic team coaching?
Systemic team coaching focuses on the team members as a unit. Instead of working with just an individual, Systemic Team coaching puts the interest of the team first and Systemic Team Coaches work to make individuals work cohesively with their team members. Systemic team coaching also considers the role of stakeholders who are within and outside the organization and how the behaviour of these stakeholders impacts the team performance.
Introducing a Systemic Team Coach helps teams build a learning environment. It also works on creating an environment open to feedback and constructive criticism. Systemic team coaching allows team members to overcome their biases against other members and work cohesively towards a stated goal. Since Systemic Coaching examines the team vis-a-vis other stakeholders, it also allows team members to see their role and purpose in the organization.
What is Systemic team coaching certification?
Based on the ICF’s core competencies of team coaching, Systemic team coaching certification program is aligned with ICF’s core ethics. Systemic team coaching certification is ideal for all practicing coaches who wish to become certified systemic team coaches. It is also ideal for those in people facing roles such as Human Resources and Team Leaders.
The main aim of Systemic Team Coaching Certification is to provide an exceptional learning experience to the coaches and leaders so they can work with a team to increase its productivity and impact. Systemic team coaching certification focuses on helping learners improve their coaching and mentoring skills with a focus on building teams.
What does it take to achieve a Systemic Team Coaching Certification?
- Systemic team coaching certification is developed based on ICF’s core competencies and ethics. Based on the teachings of ICF, Systemic team coaching certification programs enables coaches to understand the importance of creating self-awareness and deep understanding among the team members through a systemic coaching approach.
- Systemic team coaching certification is an online coaching certification program spread across 8 weeks with 30 hours of mentoring sessions, classroom learnings, peer work, self-analysis, and assignments.
- To achieve a systemic team coaching certification, coaches must attend all classroom sessions, complete the coursework and assignments. Their classroom attendance and progress are monitored by class faculty. Course faculty also assess their work assignments.
- Designed keeping in mind the teachings of ICF core competencies, systemic team coaching certification introduces the learners to team coaching as defined by ICF. Coaches are able to work on how the various parts of the team work to create a whole.
- Learners achieve the coaching certification by understanding the difference between individual coaching and team coaching. On being a certified team coach, learners get a clear understanding of how a team works vis a vis how an individual would function outside of a team.
- Through the process of systemic team coaching certification, coaches also learn the place of teams within their environments. Systemic Team Coaches learn to help teams function with all their stakeholders – within and outside the organisation.
- The learners and leaders are taught basic frameworks of systemic team coaching, the basis of how to coach a team and the different team coaching practices followed for making the team dynamic.
What are the outcomes of systemic team coaching certification?
- After achieving the Systemic Team Coaching Certification, coaches are able to work with teams to help them create a clear vision of their place in the organisation. This helps team members to gain clarity on their place and role in the organisation. All team members have a clear, confident answer to the “what” and “why” aspect of their work leading to higher focus and productivity.
- Systemic Team coaches help team members to clearly understand the impact their work has, not only, on themselves and other team members but the organization as a whole. This has a far reaching impact on the success of a team and in turn of the organisation.
- Certified Systemic Team Coaches help organisation leaders to see that their decisions and work not only impact their own teams but also the stakeholders working outside the team. The team -members are therefore able to take on board the requirements of the stakeholders as well.
- Systemic team coaching gives leaders of a team or the organisation a sense of purpose. They get a deep understanding of their team and work towards making the team productive and purposeful. They realize that they are an important asset to the organization.
Who is Systemic team coaching certification beneficial for?
Systemic team coaching certification is beneficial for individuals who want to add systemic team coaching to their resumes as professional coaches. It is beneficial for business leaders, team leaders, and HR heads as well as the individuals who want to take up team coaching as a profession.