Do you want to build a new house or renovate the current one but can’t decide on a style? Is it a toss-up between a traditional style with comfy furniture and classic designs and a modern style with cleanliness? You’ll be pleased to find that they’re both available in the popular transitional style.
The luxury transitional design allows you to mix and match components from both traditional and modern styles, resulting in a comfortable and classic fusion.
One of the best advantages of designing a transitional home is the ability to pick and choose your favourite aspects from each type without sacrificing the aesthetic, value, or quality of the finished product.
So, how to start doing this, and what factors should you consider?
To begin, let’s have a look at some basic concepts of traditional and modern styles.
The traditional style is a design and architectural style that is based on historic European classic styles but with fewer detailed ornamental details. Crown moulding, wainscot, chair rail, and coffered ceilings are used, as well as natural materials like wood.
The rooms are designed to be utilitarian, family-friendly, and relaxing. Traditional space design around classic uses of space, pairings of furniture and objects such as couches or lamps, and an altogether harmonious atmosphere rather than a room full of association and contrast are all examples of symmetry.
Subtle neutrals and vivid colours are used sparingly in the colour palettes.
Modern style is all about clean-sleek lines, minimalism, and precise angles combined to produce an open, airy vibe. It relies heavily on man-made materials including glass, metal, and concrete.
Practicality and logic are more important in modern design styling. As a result, the sculptures and prints used to decorate the house are expressive and take on unusual shapes.
Some contemporary house interiors can appear to be abstract. This is due to the interior designer’s focus on utility rather than form. Modern designers use simplicity while balancing occupied and vacant spaces, as evidenced by the use of opposing vertical and horizontal lines of furniture, steps, and columns. “Less is more” is the guiding principle.
Large window panes with little decoration are another prominent element of a modern home. The goal is to let in as much natural light as possible into the living space.
The transitional design is a blend that invites the classic style’s soft lines and comfy furnishings while maintaining the colour palettes and sleek modern styling.
So, here’s the list of some elements that must be considered before creating a transitional style.
- Choose a conventional colour scheme of grey, sand, or white, but add some strong elements to offer some contrast.
- Don’t go overboard with the ornate woodwork. Avoid decorative crown moulding or wainscot to stay with the modern theme.
- Transitional design Lighting is a fun way to transform your home by using contemporary lighting. Lighting can make a huge difference in a room, and fixtures are growing more popular as the options grow. Choose an eye-catching contemporary chandelier or molecular light.
- Metallic components are quite desirable in today’s current transitional style since they blend in with any design style. Faucets, lighting, side tables, and accessories can all be done in gold, bronze, or copper.
- The transitional design incorporates the use of carpet for texture. They serve to anchor the room’s furniture, provide colour, and provide luxury underfoot. Traditional woven or knotted carpets can give texture and pattern, and neutral colours are chosen to match the design.
- You can also use modern art to shift from traditional to transitional styles. Accents are quite important in transitional-style homes, and they can transform the design from modern to classic. To create a striking focus, choose your favourite contemporary artwork. To avoid overdoing the look, the best strategy is to keep it simple.
As people love to renovate their homes by painting and decorating in London and to try several modes of styles, this blog will help them get their jobs done.
The written above are the few transitional design suggestions. What if you find it difficult? Then hire a professional to do this job for you. BohunOne must be your top priority as we are all experienced and the best house renovation specialist in London. We will assist you to transform your home according to your choice.