Are you facing QuickBooks Payroll Error PS077? And want to know how to resolve this error by yourself? So we are here to help you to troubleshoot this error. In this article, we provide you with some steps to resolve this error and some information about this error. So you just have to read this article till the end and follow all the steps to fix this QuickBooks Payroll Error PS077.
QuickBooks Payroll Error PS077 occurs when the user tries to download updates of QuickBooks payroll. And you will receive an error message when this error appears on your system like “Error PS077: when Downloading Payroll Updates. A user has not registered QuickBooks software or the company file is damaged or corrupted. And also you will get a solution on how to fix this problem: Verifying your QuickBooks License by logging into your Intuit account and downloading the latest update for the version you have”.
Causes of QuickBooks Payroll Error PS077
- If the tax table may be expired or may be out of date.
- When the billing detail is missing or maybe out of date.
- The QuickBooks software is not registered by the user.
- The information is wrong or outdated.
- If the tax table file is damaged in the payroll folder or components.
- When the QuickBooks seminal files or the company files are damaged or corrupted.
Symptoms of QuickBooks Payroll Error PS077
There are some symptoms that help you to identify QuickBooks errors PS077 on your system. So review the all points:-
- The user is not allowed to download the updates of payroll.
- You are not able to use the tax table.
- QuickBooks PS077 will appear on your device when you are working.
- Users may feel glitches or slow down while working.
- The computer may start performing poorly.
- The update of payroll will not be installed or unable to download.
Some methods to Resolve QuickBooks Payroll PS077
- You have to verify the service information of the software.
- QuickBooks Desktop has to be repaired.
- Update QuickBooks software and users have to register their account on it.
- Verify and change the UAC setting.
- The CPS folder has to change the name.
- Users have to perform a clean installation by following all the steps.
- Check the duplicate copy of the QuickBooks system.
- Users have to run the reboot.bat file on your system.
- Verification and the data damage.
An important point to Remember
- Check that your software has a single QuickBooks that will install on it.
- Validate the QuickBooks Payroll Subscription, if the user already has then checked it.
- The user has to perform a backup of the system.
- Consider the billing information to be right or correct.
- You have to update your account to the latest released versions.
Also read to fix the localhost 5557 error – Click here
Methods to Resolve Error PS077
There are some methods to resolve QuickBooks error PS077 from your system and have to follow all the steps correctly:-
Method 1- Install Latest Version of Payroll
- Firstly, you have to close the QuickBooks software.
- Verify that behind the task manager it is not working.
- Now, restart your system again.
- After that, open the QuickBooks software.
- Try to install the latest version of QuickBooks Payroll.
Note: This solution is sufficient if the error is small on your system.
Method 2- Repair or Update Payroll
- To initiate this, you have to sign out of QuickBooks software.
- Then, check that all other tabs are closed on your software and verify that through the Taskbar.
- To open the taskbar press Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together.
- Now, open the QuickBooks software again and update the Payroll.
Note that- if this error again appears on your device then try this:
- Go to the file, then open the Utilities, and then you have to select Repair QuickBooks.
Also read – QuickBooks Sync Manager Error Solution
Method 3- Turn off UAC
- Firstly, By opening the QuickBooks account you have to verify your QuickBooks license.
- Then, there will be the remainder for updating the old version of QuickBooks to the latest release.
- Check carefully that the billing information is considerable and seminal.
- Now, move to the “Go to Files” then click on the Utilities and create “QuickBooks Data”.
- The users of Windows 8 & 7 have to shut down the UAC and then download the QuickBooks Payroll updates.
Steps to Resolve for Single and Multi desktop User
For Single Desktop users:
If you are a single desktop user then you have to follow these step which is below mentioned:-
- Take all the seminal data backup.
- Then, close the application and verify that from the taskbar.
- Then, open the Run window.
For Window 8 Users:
- Go to the Window system.
- Then, open the Start screen.
- Now, you have to right-click on the “Background to all apps” icon.
- At last, choose the Run and then open it.
For Window 7 and XP Users:
- Go to the start key if you are not logged in as an administrator.
- Click on the Start button then go to the All program.
- Now, click on the Accessories.
- At last, you have to click on the Run button.
For Window Vista
- Firstly, click on the Start button.
- Then, open the search bar and type Run, and open it.
For Multiple Version Users:
For those who use multiple versions. Follow the steps mentioned below:-
- Firstly, you have to delete the old version of QuickBooks and also uninstall the other installation.
- Then, reset the QuickBooks Update.
- Initialize the downloading of the payroll tax latest released version process to keep updated.
- Now, check the company data.
- After that, update the tax table.
Note: If these steps are followed successfully then your QuickBooks Error PS077 will be resolved.
In this article, we discuss how to resolve QuickBooks Error PS077. I hope this post will be helpful for you and resolve all these related errors by following all the steps correctly. If you may face any other related issue then visit our other articles also.