Which Greek island 25th Island Of Greece has the most beautiful scenery? Posing this question feels rather redundant because it is Greece, after all. However, many people are surprised when they hear that Santorini is not only the most popular Greek tourist destination among the islands but also the number one island with a purely natural environment.
Santorini is so famous for its breathtaking nature that it has become a symbol of Greece worldwide. It is a must-visit destination for countless people around the world, especially in Europe. The white cliffs of Santorini are so stunning that it has become a synonym for beauty and elegance.
However, being beautiful is not enough. Santorini has much more to offer than just its breathtaking nature. According to some opinions, the natural beauty of this island could be compared with that of other islands where humans have recently built resorts and hotels. Santorini has preserved its beauty as a natural island and managed to offer visitors a chance to experience the natural beauty of this place while the daily life of the local residents is very much unchanged.
According to some tourist guides, those travelers who visit Santorini in order to enjoy the breathtaking scenery and view the white cliffs should also come here for many reasons:
* Santorini is not considered as one of the Greek islands because its landscape does not consist of one single lake or plain among all others in Greece. It is considered as a group of islands that are called the Santorini islands.
* Santorini is formed by a group of volcanic cones. It has an amazing view from every point. You can enjoy the nature from above, on the top of one of them, or from its base, or even near its spectacular cliff with just one step at your feet.
* Santorini is the only one of the Greek islands to have an active volcano inside. This volcano is considered as a dormant volcano since it belongs to the island’s natural scenery rather than an artificial structure.
* If you appreciate great views, then you will be enchanted by the views that present themselves from every point all around this island.
* The local people are called Santorinians, but there are some similarities between them and inhabitants of other islands in Greece who are known as “Tirynsians”.
* Santorini is an amazing place with many archaeological remains that are worth a visit. Those who love ancient things can visit the excavated ruins of the ancient Greek city of Akrotiri on the top of one of the white cliffs or take a helicopter ride from there.
* You can even see Santorini from above by taking a flight on one of the helicopters.
* Santorini is one of the most popular destinations for those who want to learn more about the scenic beauty of Greece and enjoy an amazing vacation.
* Santorini offers a boat ride that takes you to the famous burnt village once known as “Mesa Vouno”. This place has become a symbol of Santorini. It is located on a hill with a view over one side of Paleokastro and the whole island.
* It is said that Santorini has been formed by a volcanic eruption. This means that you can have a great time exploring the wonderful volcanic landscape and visit the archaeological remains of its ancient past.
* Santorini is considered one of the most remote islands in Greece. This fact also contributes to its picturesque beauty. It makes people feel like they are in another world, away from any major stress factors and daily worries.