Intuit has provided lots of supporting tools to its users around the world. QuickBooks file doctor is the best among the list of all tools. Not only does it troubleshoot the error and bugs within the system but also help in the smooth running of the software. Just like its name, the tool detects and diagnoses every cause of presence within the tool. You should know more about this tool. So, let’s get into it and learn.
What is a QuickBooks File Doctor
QuickBooks file doctor is also pronounced as QBFD. It repairs the file with its dynamic scanning skills. All kinds of network issues can be easily resolved. It is a mixed version of two different diagnostic tools that were earlier used simultaneously. Intuit while taking care of a user’s needs, combined those different tools in just one software.
It is always preferable to use the tool to fix issues before taking any assistance and guidance from the experts. Many of you might not have proper knowledge of this tool that’s why we are here with this guide. You will get to know more about this top-notch software, so, let’s get into it and explore throughout the guide.
When Should You Use QuickBooks File Doctor?
The user can use the tool when any of the following issues appear on the desktop.
- When the company file gets corrupted.
- At the time of getting error codes like 6000, 6189, 6000 305, 6147, 6000 82, and so on.
- Use the tool when you see QuickBooks error code H202, H101, H303, and H505.
- If facing issues while opening your QuickBooks company file.
- When the system has stored some damaged sample files, corporate files, and other files.
- The customer list and vendor list are missing.
Make sure to use the tool if you are also experiencing these issues within the system.
Related post: How to fix 0x0 0x0 error code?
Important Precautions to Take
The user may welcome lots of bugs and errors if not consider these precautions. So, be aware of all the things that keep you safe.
- You must use an external file doctor tool even after it is an integrated file on versions after 2015.
- Make sure to delete the older version before using a new version of the QuickBooks file doctor tool.
- Mac users cannot access the tool as it can only be accessed on Windows.
- At times, the file doctor appears after knowing about the issues within the system. So, just hit the Start button and let the tool function.
Key Benefits of Using QuickBooks File Doctor
Lots of benefits have been provided with the one and only QuickBooks file doctor. Such as:
- It fixes the corrupted data.
- Networks connection problems would also get resolved
- Saves a lot of time and effort being consumed in troubleshooting.
- Lots of problems can be resolved easily.
Now, let’s get into and learn what are the key requirements that we need to fulfill for using QuickBooks file doctor.
System Requirements to Install QuickBooks File Doctor
- Enable the QuickBooks hosting before downloading the tool.
- Make sure that you have signed in as Windows OS admin.
- .NET framework helps in downloading the doctor utility. So, make sure to use it too.
- Uninstall the installed version of QBFD.
- It is not necessary to use QuickBooks file repair for downloading the tool.
So, these are the requirements that you need to check on. Make sure that you can only use the tool after fulfilling these needs.
How to use QuickBooks File Doctor
This section covers the steps of downloading, installing, and using the file doctor tool. So, just navigate below and learn how you can use the tool. It should be recommended that two methods are provided below. You have to opt for the best one according to your requirements. Therefore, let’s get started.
Method 1: Use QuickBooks File Doctor from Website
- To initiate, head towards Intuit and locate the QuickBooks file doctor.
- You need to now download your QB file doctor.
- Make sure that QBFD.exe file is running on the system.
- Complete the installation procedure.
- Consequently, head towards the Windows taskbar
- Tap the Browse button.
- Try to find out the damaged company file.
- Just start the software.
- Now, two options will be prompted to you.
- Choose the appropriate one from 6000 series errors and network issues.
- Select the only issue that you are really getting.
- Enter the company file admin password.
- Also, choose Next.
- Again, select any of the two options named Workstation and Server according to where you place the company file.
- Hit Yes to resolve the issues within your QB file.
- Wait till the procedure is going on. It can be longer according to the file size and network speed.
- Now, just close the file doctor tool.
Method 2: Download QBFD from QuickBooks Tool Hub
- The first thing that you need to consider is to move towards the official site of Intuit.
- Now, just try to download the QuickBooks tool hub.
- Save the file.
- Open the saved file “QuickBooksToolHub.exe”
- Go through the prompted instructions carefully.
- Don’t forget to tap on the “Terms and services to use this tool”
- Double click on the file after completing the installation.
- Head towards the Company File issue button.
- Select the green tab named Run QuickBooks File Doctor.
- Hit on the drop-down menu to check your file to find out the file.
- Just specify the password and hit Next.
- Now, you are ready to work again on your QuickBooks desktop.
- Make sure to restart the system after fixing the issue.
QuickBooks file doctor has so many advantages that you will get only after installing and using it on your system. QuickBooks users every then and now get trapped with lots of errors and bugs. So, it is always recommended to use the tool on your system for smooth working and fighting against all other different bugs. We hope that you have successfully used this tool.