Being out in the open waters is great for our minds and bodies. Activities like fishing, sailing, or simply listening to the waves will always cheer us up. That’s why renting boats is a great way to spend your off-days. Even better – owning a boat. Owning boats comes with a plethora of advantages such as –
- Take part in activities like diving, swimming, or water skiing. It’s impossible to experience such excitement unless you own a boat that lets you access large water bodies.
- In the post-COVID19 era, owning a boat means being able to enjoy family meetups without any inconveniences.
- Certain boating activities are tiresome, but they help owners burn calories, reduce stress, and maintain good health.
- Boats, by their nature, are long-lasting. They stay in shape for twenty to thirty years. Plus, boat maintenance, boat registration charges, boat slip expenses, etc., are still relatively cheap.
Many people have even traded their traditional “on-land” living spaces for life on boats! People with basic aspirations of owning a boat shouldn’t go to such extremes. But, they should aim to own boats that elevate their sense of self-esteem.
Boat owners are the captains of their own “ships,” so they deserve to make their boats look exactly how they want. Depending on the size, full-scale boat paint jobs can be very expensive. That’s why the practice of using custom-printed boat stickers is very popular.
What are Boat Letterings and Stickers?
When you’re buying stickers for your boat, you’ll have two options –
- Stickers (also referred to as decals)
Both these items stick on boat surfaces. They’re typically made of solid pieces of vinyl material. But, they serve slightly different purposes.
What is Boat Lettering?
Boat letterings are, as the name suggests, letters that boat owners can use to display details like –
- The official name of their boats
- Boat registration numbers
- Port designations for the boats
- The original location of the boat
Boat letterings come in different fonts. But, their designs are nothing fancy. These vinyl letterings are designed to be durable, easily readable, and eye-catching. Many local and state agencies require boat owners to place vinyl letterings on their boats.
Here are some other basic rules about using boat letterings –
- The letterings must be placed appropriately so that they’re visible to fellow boaters.
- The letters should contrast with the color of the boat.
- The styles or sizes of the letters should be in accordance with local regulations. For instance, many regulators don’t allow the use of hard-to-decipher flowery fonts.
Boat Decals and Stickers
Boat owners who want to make their boats look extra-appealing should get custom stickers made of vinyl. Vinyl is a superb weather-resistant material. Vinyl window stickers or boat decals last for long periods in both indoor and outdoor conditions.
- Custom boat decals and stickers, just like other auto decals, come with several design options.
- Unlike boat lettering, these stickers can feature flags, elaborate designs, complex text effects, etc.
- These stickers feature a peel-and-stick mechanism which makes them easy to attach to smooth boat surfaces.
Ready to beautify your boats with custom stickers? Make sure to get stickers that are UV resistant, waterproof, and long-lasting!