While preparing for CAT, the question that often clicks in our mind is can I crack the CAT exam without coaching? Can I score high marks in CAT without coaching? How can I get my way to IIMs? Well, all this can be possible for the aspirants with the help of BYJU’S Exam Prep programs.
Once enrolled in these online classroom programs, aspirants will get to know the value of these programs and be able to boost the confidence to crack the CAT exam without coaching. The CAT 2021 exam will be conducted on 28th November 2021. This article gives you information on how you can crack CAT preparation without coaching.
How to crack the CAT exam without coaching?
CAT is a very common and difficult entrance exam for MBA admission. Aspirants are often confused in themselves to think whether they should join coaching to prepare for the CAT exam or not. However, it is a completely personal choice whether an aspirant wants to join coaching or not. But it is also possible to crack the CAT exam even without joining coaching and can secure a good score. For that, few traits must be there in the aspirants. These traits are the following:
- Be Organized: CAT is a difficult exam and to start preparing for this exam, aspirants must be prepared to put equal effort into various topics and sections. You need to make an organized strategy and the right study material before starting preparation for CAT.
- Self-Confidence: Appearing in CAT without coaching is a challenging task for the aspirants. Hence, you must build self-confidence within you to crack CAT genuinely.
- Focus on the Competition: Every year, around 2 lakhs aspirants appear in CAT. But among them only 50,000 aspirants are serious and 5,000 or 4,000 aspirants can score good marks in CAT. So, you must be aware of the competition.
Tips to crack the CAT exam without coaching
CAT is one of the toughest MBA entrance exams. And to crack this exam without coaching, aspirants need to know some tips. These essential tips are the following:
- Appear in online mock tests: Online mock tests are very helpful for clearing any doubt regarding any section in the CAT exam. You can attempt previous year’s question papers also in the online mock tests. Attempting these online tests will enable you to treat a problem in the right way.
- Analyze the online mock tests: After you appeared in online mock tests, do not forget to analyze your paper. Then only you can understand your effort. It is effective or not. It is very important to find out the mistakes and to gain an in-depth understanding of the error. Analyzing your mock test paper will help you to do better and make fewer mistakes in the CAT exam.
- Avoid guesswork: This is a very important tip essential for all the entrance exams as well as for the CAT exam. Never guess any answer. Attempt the question only when you are certain about the answer. You will fail to analyze your actual potential if you attempt guesswork in the CAT exam.
- Maintain a timetable: Create a timetable and stick to it. Try not to get distracted from this timetable at any cost. You should maintain the timetable till your CAT exam is finished. Practice every section by following the timetable.
- Understand the concepts: Focus more on those concepts from where questions are asked in the CAT entrance examination. Usually, direct questions are not asked in the CAT exam. So, understanding the concepts is a must for going a long way. Once you clearly understand the concept you can easily attempt any question asked in the CAT exam.
As we have already discussed, CAT is a difficult MBA entrance exam and good preparation is a must for scoring high marks in this exam. Aspirants who opt to appear in CAT without coaching can start their CAT preparation from BYJU’S Exam Prep program. These programs cover the entire syllabus of the CAT exam and the faculty members explain each topic in an easy and detailed way. The live and recorded online classroom programs by top faculty members will motivate the aspirant’s minds and they can easily start practising for the CAT exam without coaching. These high-quality free videos are best for learning and practice quizzes. Not only this, but aspirants can also practice previous year’s question papers in this app.