It probably won’t surprise you to learn that the SUV is currently the top selling type of vehicle in the UK at this moment and there are many reasons for this. This style of vehicle arrived on the scene in the late 1990s and quickly captured a growing segment of the auto market, with all the major auto manufacturers including a family of SUVs to add to their already large list of vehicles.
Here are a few of the reasons why the SUV is so popular here in the United Kingdom.
- Fit for all road conditions – The great thing about the SUV is its unique ability to handle on and off-road environments. Of course, there are 4WD options that allow you to change from2 to 4-wheel drive on the fly, which is ideal and by approaching a leading UK dealership such as Nene Overland, you can view a range of new and used SUVs, plus they customise overland vehicles, if you are planning a serious overland expedition.
- Safety – You are very well protected when driving an SUV, as you are quite high off the ground and with great traction and limited slip differential, you can enjoy a safe journey on snow and ice. We all know how bad the weather can be here in the UK, with freezing rain and high winds and when you drive an SUV, you have a lot of rubber on the road, improving your grip.
- Activities – Whether you are into camping or touring different parts of the country, there’s more than enough room in the SUV; indeed, with a roof rack and a camping trailer, you can head off on long expeditions, knowing you have 4WD capabilities. Many families make the best use of their SUV by going away a few times a year and for the rest of the time, your SUV is a great family car that gets you from A to B. Click here for places to visit in the amazing town of Albany.
- Great Family Car – Let’s face it, the SUV has you covered whatever you do and if you have growing kids, this breed of car is ideal. Sports gear can be bundled in the rear and you can fit 6-7 people at a push. If you would like to book a test drive, search online for your nearest dealership and make a day of it and take the family. There are some good deals to be had, especially if you want to part-exchange your old car.
- Cool Design – The latest generation of sports utility vehicles are stylish and very appealing; young people are drawn to the SUV and who can blame them? All the major manufacturers have SUV styles vehicles, all with a similar swept back look, with some unique colour combinations.
If you are buying a new SUV, the dealer will handle the vehicle registration, otherwise you can send off the details to the DVLC, along with the fee.