For those who decide to try an addictive substance for the first time, the siren song of these substances may be alluring, but in reality, things are likely to turn ugly, especially when drugs and alcohol are involved.
Drugs and alcohol, when continuously consumed, develop a sense of dependence that in time leads to an uncontrollable addiction. Although accepting and realizing you have an alcohol or drug addiction can be difficult, entering Alcohol Rehab Austin, TX is the first step towards recovery.
What is the extent of your addiction?
It is common for these addictions to be chronic in nature, which not only affects your emotional stability and ability to think clearly but also damages your body severely.
The longer you abuse substances, the poorer your self-restraint gets, the more likely you become to misuse drugs and alcohol in a frantic manner. Because of this, it is often extremely difficult to overcome alcohol and drug addiction on one’s own.
However, there are still several signs of addiction one should be able to self-assess before seeking rehabilitation and recovery.
Severity Level One
- Addicts are more likely to suffer from insomnia or disturbed sleep cycles.
- To feel the same pleasure, you may need to consume more than you started with.
- Weak eyesight, loss of hair, and sudden weight gain are all signs of declining health.
- At the early stages of addiction, many changes appear in the environment, such as mood swings, restlessness, and sweating.
Severity Level Two
- Any substance is consumed in larger quantities to both enhance pleasure and to create a feeling of order.
- Addiction and continued drug and alcohol abuse can lead to serious health consequences.
- Participating in illegal and anti-social activities, such as robbery, violence, drunk driving, etc.
- Feeling emotionally stable and handling everyday routines with the help of drugs and alcohol.
Severity Level Three
- Addicts who consume substances for a prolonged period are most likely to give up on their family and work responsibilities in the future.
- Lack of emotional stability and toxic relationships lead to abandoning friends and relationships.
- Third-degree addicts are more likely to suffer from mental disorders, such as loss of memory and diminished mental awareness.
- Being deceptive and violent at all times could even result in legal consequences soon after undergoing major changes in personality.
What benefits can you expect from rehabilitation?
Choosing to stop an addiction is often a wise decision, but doing so on one’s own hasn’t been as easy as one may hope as resisting temptation is more difficult than just resisting and addicts are most likely to relapse if not treated properly.
The following are a few of the many benefits of rehab, including your recovery and the inspiration to live a sober life following it.
- Detoxification: Rehab facilities come with certified clinicians and practitioners who not only offer advice about dealing with your addiction, they also provide you with the medication and treatment procedures necessary to get rid of your addiction.
- Psychotherapy: Treatment centers that offer behavioral therapy monitor your behavioral patterns. In order to prevent relapse, the patient is groomed to resist further temptation as part of the treatment process.
- Support: It is important for members of supportive groups to understand one another’s struggle and work toward creating an overall holistic environment if they are to feel a sense of belonging. Located within your own tribe, Drug Rehab Austin, TX empowers you to remain sober because you are surrounded by like-minded people.
The ability to lead an independent life of substance-free comfort is not easy to achieve after a past that was not very pleasant. The process of recovery from mental illness helps with regaining control over your physical, mental, emotional, and social well-being.