Who could have thought that a soap brand could sweep the entire marketing industry off its feet through its stupendous digital marketing policies? The brand did some quality thinking when it comes to making it a globally accepted and trusted brand. Unlike other soaps and beauty products, its marketing does not revolve around making its audience look a certain way but embrace the way they look and own their identity. Not to mention that their spotless marketing around a very popular campaign- hashtag real beauty, is something that every other brand aspires to have thought of before.
VDO.AI is a platform that you should be heading to understand such brilliant strategies that can transform a brand selling soaps into one of the most talked-about brands in the global market. Additionally, refer to VDO.AI review to get a first-hand understanding of digital marketing strategies that can help change the world!
Understanding the transformation journey of the brand
The major cause for the Real Beauty message’s popularity and resonance was the deep rooting in digital activation at a time before digital marketing was commonplace. Dove, for example, employed fascinating and provocative videos to energize the campaign, including the 2006 “Evolution” ad, which was one of the first viral brand videos on YouTube. Its video “Real Beauty Sketches” became one of the most popular videos of all time. It also created the Dove Self Esteem Project, a web service aimed at boosting young people’s self-esteem by including them in forums, workshops, essays, and videos about body positivity and bullying.
Dove now exists in a digital universe that looks considerably different from the original, some 15 years after the inaugural Real Beauty campaign.
Understanding Dove’s spotless digital marketing strategies
Scroll through the following points to understand the brilliant strategies of Dove as an unbeatable brand-
• Dove worked with Twitter in 2015 to discover and reply to negative posts regarding beauty and body image in real-time as part of the #SpeakBeautiful campaign. During the Academy Awards pre-show, a clever advertisement highlighting the consequences of body shaming was shown.
• Dove collaborated with award-winning photographers to create striking images of “real women” in 2017, highlighting their power, tenacity, and talent. These photos were posted to Shutterstock through a digital back door with the search word “beautiful,” which inundated results for a term that had previously generated altered, airbrushed images. Dove then urged other photographers and brands to join the campaign, resulting in a slew of unofficial Dove ambassadors.
• Dove unveiled its “No Digital Distortion” logo in 2018, a symbol that indicates that a photograph has not been digitally changed. This symbol appears in all branded content, including digital commercials, social media posts, and print, and acts as a constant reminder of the Dove message across all mediums, digital and non-digital.
• Dove established a two-year relationship with Cartoon Network’s “Steven Universe” in the same year to teach young people about body confidence and speak to the future generation of consumers.
• Dove, in collaboration with Getty Photographs, gathered almost 5,000 images on the Getty website in 2019 that showed 179 different women, all of whom came from underrepresented backgrounds.
VDO.AI’s team of digital marketing specialists will be keeping a close eye on how Dove and others continue to build endlessly relevant brands through excellence in digital marketing as we enter a new decade of digital possibility. Read through VDO.AI reviews to understand it all even better.