The most troublesome error that user faces on QuickBooks is the QB Error 1722 and it generally appears while downloading the updates of payroll in QuickBooks. It troubles the user by displaying error 1722 code frequently and even causing the screen to freeze. And since the payroll update is very necessary for managing payrolls, users want to get rid off the QuickBooks Error 1722 quickly.
we provide instant Paid Guest Post Service.
The QB Error1722 commonly appears with the below message.
- Error Code 1722: QB is experiencing an error.
- Error 1722: Facing Problem with Windows Installer Package
Before applying the solution for this error, ensure to back up your data and you should use QuickBooks Auto Data Recovery to be on safer side. Now, let’s explore the reasons causing QuickBooks 1722 Error along with the its tested and effective solutions.
Reasons Causing The QuickBooks Error 1722
Below are the genuine reasons for the appearance of QuickBooks Error 1722.
- A virus or malware damaged several Windows or QB- related files.
- Inaccurate installation of the QuickBooks software.
- Outdated QuickBooks.
- Unintentionally deleted QB-related files.
- Corrupted Windows.
Symptoms of QuickBooks Error 1722
Including the error code 1722, there are various symptoms that occurs via QuickBooks Error 1722 and they are:
- Your active window crashing frequently while the program is running.
- Launching the same program crashes the entire system.
- System performing poorly.
- System is freezing and unable to take any inputs.
Effective Solutions to Resolve QuickBooks Error 1722
The QuickBooks error can be diagnosed and treated via the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool and if you are facing the QB error 1722 then some of the effective solutions for treating it are explained below along with their steps.
Solution 1: Launch Windows File Checker
In order to scan and treat damaged windows file, you must use “System File Checker”.
Its an inbuilt windows tool that can help kick the QB 1722 Error.
Below is the series of steps for utilizing the “System File Checker”.
- Hit “Start”.
- Then, write “Command”.
- Hold “Ctrl + Shift”.
- Press “Enter”.
- Then, tap “Yes”.
- Now, write “sfc /scannow”.
- Hit “ENTER”.
Now, let the “System File Checker” scan then follow the commands.
Related post: How to fix 0x0 0x0 error code
Solution 2: Reinstallation of The QuickBooks Software
An incorrect installation of the QuickBooks software is the major cause behind all the QB-related errors such as the Error 1722. To permanently remove this error, you are required to reinstall the QB software by following below steps:
- Hold “Windows + R” key.
- Write “appwiz.CPL”.
- Hit “Enter”.
- Now, select your QB version.
- Uninstall the selected QB.
- Now, Reinstall the QuickBooks.
- Afterwards, download & install the Clean Install QuickBooks Tool.
- Thereafter, launch it.
- Next, follow the instructions prompting on your display.
- Complete the installation.
- Finally, restart your system.
Ensure to also repair the “Microsoft.Net Framework”.
Solution 3: Updating QuickBooks
An Updated version of the QuickBooks consist various features and bug fixes. So updating the QB can solve any QB-related error including error 1722. Below is the full process to update your QuickBooks,
- First, close all the company files with QuickBooks itself.
- Tap “Start”.
- Then locate “QuickBooks”.
- Right-hit on it.
- Select “Run as Administrator”.
- Locate “Help”.
- Select “No Company Open”.
- Hit “Update QuickBooks”.
- Thereafter, click “Options”.
- “Mark all”
- And hit “Save”.
- Now, click “Update Now”.
- Choose “Reset Update”.
- Then “Get Updates”.
- Install and finish the QB update..
- Finally, restart your PC.
Solution 4: Restart Your System Using The Selective Startup
This solution is beneficial if your QB file got delete unintentionally or by any virus. And the steps for restarting the system via “Selective Startup” are:
- First, tap the “Windows” key with “R”.
- Then, type “MSCONFIG” in the box.
- Next hit “OK’.
- Choose “Selective Startup”.
- Then, uncheck the “Load Startup Items” box.
- Afterward, press “OK”.
- Choose “Restart” (if prompted).
- Finally, reinstall QuickBooks.
Thereafter you are required to use the normal mode, by these steps:
- Hit the keys“Windows” + “R”.
- Type “MSCONFIG”.
- Tap “OK”.
- Then, select “Normal Startup”.
- Now, tap “OK”.
- Finally, reboot the system.
Solution 5: System Restore
Making a system restore often helps users treat numerous errors including the QuickBooks Update 1722 Error. Steps to make a quick system restore are:
- First, hit “Start”
- Write “System Restore”.
- Hit “Enter”.
- Now, Click “System Restore”.
- Provide “Administrator Password”.
- Follow the wizard’s instructions.
- Select preferred “Restore Point”.
- Finally, Restart the PC and relaunch QuickBooks.
The solutions and steps for the persistent QuickBooks Error Code 1722 mentioned in this post are tested to be the most effective treatment. And our expert team has tested plus verified these methods. We hope the above solutions will offer you relief in the process of fixing the QB Error 1722 issue while ensuring the QuickBooks Auto Data Recovery of files.