Tractors and other tractor units are used every day in agriculture and forestry. As with moving any other vehicle, there is a risk that this will cause damage that may put the tractor owner under financial pressure.
Anyone who takes part in public road traffic with a tractor or tractor is therefore obliged to take out appropriate tariff insurance that at least covers statutory liability. This is the only way to ensure that a third party will not be left with a loss.
A partial cover insurance guarantees, at:
- Fire damage
- Natural damage
- Damage after collisions with animals
The latter can be important for the operation of harvesting machines, as animals are sometimes overlooked in meadows and grain fields. And under certain circumstances, not only the animal but also the machine may be harmed.
The average farm tractor cost:
- with the same risks as partial coverage
- in the event of damage caused by yourself
- Damage from vandalism and theft
Fully comprehensive or partially comprehensive insurance?
Three questions can be used to clarify whether partial or fully comprehensive insurance makes sense:
- How old is the vehicle or what is the current value of the vehicle?
- Was the car financed?
- In the event of a total loss or theft, could the vehicle be replaced from your own resources?
Current test reports on tractor insurance
There are currently no independent test reports on vehicle insurance for agricultural tractors. Since the insurance needs of farmers is so special, it is advisable at this point, less rely on reviews of research firms but rather to the individual advice and finding appropriate insurance solutions help of an expert.
Tips and comparison to tractor insurance
Before taking out tractor insurance or insurance for agricultural tractors, you should clarify the following questions in advance:
- Do I have to insure my tractor or my vehicle?
- Would I like to insure it individually or as part of a vehicle fleet insurance?
- Would I like to take out partial or fully comprehensive insurance?
- Which risk code and which license plate does my tractor have?
I also use the tractor outside of my agricultural activity
Protect your agricultural tractors ideally
Enter your specific professional activity and select “Small fleet” in the next step in order to compare tariffs for securing your tractor units.
Tractor insurance benefits
Basically, the tractor insurance is like in their services of private car insurance: So you have the services of motor vehicle liability insurance- and the hull insurance, which you are also known by the security of your car. The coverage within a fleet insurance also offers this scope of services.