Neurobion Forte is a supplement containing a mix of vitamin B and its various derivatives. It’s prescribed for the treatment of mild deficiency of vitamin B. Also, it is known to strengthen the immune system and keep up the energy levels. Make sure to get a doctor consultation before you start taking this supplement.
Composition of Neurobion Forte
B vitamins are water-soluble and naturally present in a number of different foods. Being water-soluble means that your body takes all it needs of the vitamin while excreting the rest through urine. Supplements like Neurobion Forte that have these B vitamins are typically known as B-complex vitamins. Such a product is available with multiple brands.
Neurobion Forte has a mix of six B vitamins, namely:
- vitamin B1 (thiamine) – 10 mg
- vitamin B2 (riboflavin) – 10 mg
- vitamin B3 (nicotinamide) – 45 mg
- vitamin B5 (calcium pantothenate) – 50 mg
- vitamin B6 (pyridoxine) – 3 mg
- vitamin B12 (cobalamin) – 15 mcg
Uses of Neurobion Forte
Here are the most important uses of Neurobion Forte:
- It is useful in the treatment of vitamin B deficiency
- It ensures better energy levels and stronger immunity
- Supplements the vitamin requirements of the body during pregnancy and after surgery
- Maintains the optimum level of B vitamins in the body
- An effective way to relieve mouth ulcers
- Helps to reduce neuropathic pain
- Improves the health of joints, cartilages, and bones, which makes it useful in treating arthritis
- Reduces the impact of depression
- Helps to maintain the essential level of nutrients in your body
Neurobion Forte side effects
These are the neurobion forte side effects
- Nerve damage
- Excess urination
- Lack of control in body movements
Doctor consultation and precautions before consumption
Take the following precautions before consuming Neurobion Forte:
- Consult your doctor in case of pre-existing medical conditions like liver or kidney disease, hypertension, and diabetes
- Contact your doctor if you are taking any additional supplements or practicing integrative or complementary health approaches.
- A doctor’s consultation is a must if you have any surgeries coming up. You might need to discontinue using the products at least three weeks prior to the surgery.
- Use it only as a supplement to your diet, and not as a replacement for a well-balanced and nutritious food.
Neurobion Forte side effects from dosage mistakes
There might be some possible interactions with other drugs, which your doctor will be able to guide you on. In case you miss a dose by mistake, make sure to take that whenever you remember. Skip this forgotten dose only if it’s time for your next dose already. Never double your dose under any circumstances.
Seek immediate medical advice if anyone has taken an overdose and shows serious symptoms like trouble breathing or passing out. Always follow your doctor’s advice regarding the daily dosage.
- Store in a cool, dry place
- Keep away from moisture and light
- Keep out of the reach of children
Difference between Neurobion Forte and Neurobion-plus
|A multivitamin supplement having vitamin B and its derivatives||Nicotinamide, Pyridoxine, and Methylcobalamin|
|More potent that Neurobion plus||Less potent than Neurobion Forte|
|The new and potent version||The older and rarely used version|
Should you take Neurobion Forte?
The chief benefit of Neurobion Forte lies in its capacity to prevent all kinds of Vitamin B deficiency, and the health issues resulting from such a deficiency. Though most people receive enough vitamin B through the food they have, there are certain groups that have a high-risk of vitamin B deficiency.
So, if you fall in any of the following groups, you might need to take vitamin B:
- Over fifty years of age
- Are pregnant
- Have specific chronic health conditions
- Follow a restricted diet (vegan/vegetarian diet)
- Take specific medications like acid reducers and metformin
Taking Neurobion Forte can offer you the expected benefits only when you have a mild deficiency. It might not be enough if you have a serious deficiency. For instance, it offers 15mcg of vitamin B-12. Anyone with a serious deficiency will need at least 500mcg or more.
Even if you think you have vitamin B deficiency, do not start taking the supplement straight away. Consult your doctor before taking any medication or supplement.