The condominium is a term that is widely used in the real estate industry. Its essence lies in the description of the form of ownership of the residential real estate. It implies ownership of each apartment by its owner and joint ownership of public areas. The latter include the entrance, courtyard, staircases, elevators.
A condominium is a form of ownership of a residential complex, in which each apartment included in it legally belongs to its owner, and non-residential areas and common areas (hall, elevators, technical premises, courtyard) are the common property of all people living here.
The concept of a “condominium” can cover not only one house but also a whole complex of buildings. It includes a land area, a residential building, and other immovable objects located within the complex.
Residents who own a residential complex under this title of ownership regularly organize meetings during which they decide important issues related to the management, maintenance, and maintenance of the common property.
Thanks to this form of ownership, its owner has the right to move freely throughout the building.
Features of creating a condominium federation
The term “condominium” as a form of housing management was abolished by the Housing Code of the Singapore Federation. The analogs of condominiums in Singapore are (homeowners’ association). The principle of management and payment of utility bills in the last-mentioned form does not differ from the principles of a condominium
An apartment building can receive the status of a condominium only by the decision of the homeowners in this room. To become a participant in such legal relations, you must:
If you buy an apartment in an already formed one after receiving a certificate of ownership of housing, you need to draw up an agreement with the canning hill piers. This means that the owner agrees to pay the general costs of maintaining the house and recognizes the fact that the new tenant has received the right to take part in solving current issues related to housing.
Features of condominium
Upcoming new condo – canning hill piers has integrated development which is planned for different areas in Singapore. It is expected that the property will yield approximately 700 units in two residential towers. CapitaLand, City Development, and City Development announced in a joint statement that Ascott Residence Trust should be incorporated into the consortium by 2024.
CapitaLand will eventually own the commercial and residential properties. CDL and CapitaLand will also be responsible for the project. Ascott Reit will also own the 192 residential units with a hotel license.
Under a forward buy agreement with CDL, CDLHT will end up owning the hotel. It will have anywhere from 460 to 470 rooms. Marriott International will manage the hotel, which will be known as Moxy. Somerset will be the name of the serviced residences.
The top three developers of Singapore have also planned to recreate the river promenade to bring new life and vibrancy to Canninghill Piers. Their plans go hand-in-hand with URA’s 2019 Master Plan for increasing vibrancy in this area. The upcoming development project will be a great success due to its strategic location and easy-access amenities.
Advantages and Disadvantages of Condominiums
The main advantages of this form of ownership include the following:
- The ability to control funds that are collected for the improvement of the territory or repair work.
- Availability of all premises, which allows the tenant to move freely throughout the building.
- Responsibility of each participant in the condominium not only for their housing but also for the common areas; no tax on utility bills, since the condominium falls into the category of non-profit organizations.
- Advantageous location: premises in which residents own apartments under the condominium right are usually built as close to the central districts as possible, so the owners do not have to get long to work. You may want to know canninghill piers’ location for shopping facilities, preschool, and school education organizations.
- The ability to search for individual solutions in the presence of debts on utility bills for specific tenants: by a common decision at a meeting of tenants, the debtor, instead of financial repayment of the debt, can make a labor contribution and thereby save himself from debt obligations.
There are not too many disadvantages of the described form of housing ownership. Chief among them is the lengthy and complex registration process. If such a residential complex is registered for the first time, then the creation of a technical passport will be paid for with budgetary funds.