Have you ever started using an app and realized that it is absolutely life-changing?
For me, a good app dramatically improves my productivity, has an interface that is easy to navigate, and can potentially be used on multiple platforms with easy sync.
There are many apps that you could go through life never knowing that you need them.
Read on to find out about the best computer apps today so you don’t miss out.
Best Computer Apps for Mac
There’s no end to awesome Mac apps. Here, we have curated the best drawing apps for computer, best app to test from computer, and best computer cleaning app just for you.
- Alfred 4 is a productivity app that works like an enhanced spotlight
- Amphetamine prevents your screen from going to sleep and is ideal if you want to stream a lot of content
- Bartender is a tool to organize the amount of apps you have open
- Dropzone is an awesome shortcut app that allows you to drag and drop to copy and paste files and to shorten urls with a click
- Magnet is absolutely essential because it allows you to view multiple windows side-by-side in many configurations, an option not typically available on Mac
- Unclutter is as its name suggests, allowing you to quickly store small notes and snippets you may not need later to unclutter your desktop
- LibreOffice if you do not have MS word or pages
- Ulysses has an amazing clean interface for writing longer manuscripts
- DayOne is a beautiful journaling app with integrations and easy sync for iPhone as well
- Bear is favored by many Apple users for its clean interface and easy note-taking
- Dark Noise gives users the opportunity to play background noise of their choosing while they work, with extremely high levels of customization
The best contender to this is Airmail 3. This app is sleek and like a desktop version of Gmail. It is also a one-time purchase at $27, which differs from a lot of services that follow a subscription-based model.
Best Computer Cleaning App
Appcleaner helps you get rid of software you no longer use and cleans other large files clogging up your directory
Best Password Manager
Even though it is annoying that Lastpass changed its business model so that you cannot easily use the app on multiple platforms as a free user, it is still extremely powerful. This app offers easy password storage, has a nice interface, and multiple integrations.
Fantastical is the best Calendar app, hands down. It offers sync with the iPhone, a beautifully intuitive interface, and the ability to schedule events in a single sentence like “meet with Alex at 3 pm at Gasworks Park”.
It may be a good idea to invest in a good VPN if you travel a lot or you want to access blocked content from other regions. For example, with a VPN you could watch Netflix Japan instead of just American Netflix.
Aside from the best computer apps, you can find out about more tips in our technology section for seamlessly improving productivity.