There is an old saying, “Happiness consists of getting enough sleep”. Does that mean actual happiness or your body’s happiness? Many will say mental happiness, others will say a healthy body’s requirement is sleep. Undoubtedly, both of the statements are absolutely true. A good sleep will provide both mental and physical happiness. When it comes to the physical happiness of the body, sleep can play a major role in keeping your body healthy. A good sleep allows your body and brain to recover during the night. Not to worry, this is not a serious recovery, but something which is a very basic requirement of our body. A good night’s sleep ensures to refresh your mind from the daily routine and help you move forward with different tasks.
On the other hand, sleep deficiency may result in certain issues that can be lifelong. This will not only leave you tired and fatigued, but also increase your chance to having a weak immune system. Let us see how sleep and health are actually connected:
Effects of sleep deprivation:
- Heart related diseases: Biologically proven, in our bodies, blood pressure is generally reduced when we sleep. If we do not sleep for at least 8 hours, the blood pressure will go high. High blood pressure can lead you to suffer a heart attack or a dangerous stroke. So, it is a must to have a proper sleep for a longer life.
- Obesity: Why do you think the younger generation, aged between 14-18 years are most likely to be obese? One in every three persons is said to be over-weight if not obese. This is due to lack in sleep, that the hormones are not properly released and regulate. This in turn impacts the hunger drive, and makes you feel even more hungrier. This is the reason why you feel extremely hungry. So, get your sleep right and you will see a change, both physically and mentally.
- Weak immune system: It is evident that not getting enough sleep can affect how your body fights with diseases and viruses causing you to fall sick more frequently. With a bad immune system, even a common cold can be dangerous for you. This can make your body weak and result in an even weaker immune system leading to chronic diseases.
- Cognitive responses and memory retention: A good sleep certainly helps you focus, concentrate better, and learn things faster. Lack in sleep can affect your daily life including work, studies and related activities. This most likely affects your memory and can make you forget things quickly. During sleep, your brain begins to organize the memory. Without a proper sleep, everything will feel new once you wake up and can affect your life.
- Results in bad mood: People who do not get proper sleep have a hard time in dealing with their emotions. They tend to be angry, moody and irritated. This is all because of a bad sleep. So, get a proper sleep and conquer the day! To know more visit here:- Memory Foam Pillow