Are you facing error popups while installing the Netgear extender setup? No worries. This post will tell you how you can access the mywifiext.net setup portal and install the Netgear extender setup in no time.
Netgear range extenders are one of the most reliable brands of all.
If your router is not providing enough internet connections throughout the area, use Netgear extender and extend the coverage upto 3000 sq ft.
This post will get to know the straightforward way to install a new Netgear extender setup from scratch. Without wasting any more of your precious time, let’s move forward to the primary information.
Prior instruction list to set up Netgear extender
Before you fall directly to the setup procedure, make sure that you are ready by the below points.
- Keep your extender device in the same room as your existing router during the installation. Once the installation is complete, you can change the location of your extender device to your desired location.
- Make sure that your existing router is providing live internet connections. If not, call your internet service provider immediately.
- Ensure that the web browser you are using is updated because using an outdated web browser can lead to error popups on your screen.
- Keep your firmware updated.
- Make sure that the ethernet wire is not damaged or broken.
Install Netgear extender setup via mywifiext.net manual method
The manual method is one of the most accessible and efficient ways to install your extender device because it can run with any Netgear extender. The manual method is also known as the ethernet wire method.
Follow the below-mentioned points to start the process.
- Unbox your new Netgear extender device and take it to the same room as your existing router.
- Now take the power cord of your extender device and plug it into any electrical outlet.
- Turn the extender device on by pressing the on/off switch.
- Let your extender device get stable for a couple of seconds.
- Now take an ethernet wire and connect your router and extender device via LAN port.
- Once done, access any of your personal computer or laptop and launch a web browser.
- Click on the address bar icon and type www.mywifiext.net, and hit the enter button.
- Use IP address(192.168.1.250) if you don’t get automatically redirected to the mywifiext.net web setup portal.
- Once you are on the Netgear extender setup portal, click on the new Netgear extender setup icon.
- Sign-up for a new admin account by providing the requested information on your screen.
- Once done, click on the sign-up option and move further.
- Follow on-screen instructions carefully without skipping any step.
- You are now prompted to ask a few security questions of your choice. Choose the security questions wisely and answer them in the right way.
- Now look for the available network list icon on your screen and click on it.
- Look for your new Netgear extender network from the list and click on it to get connected.
- Once done, follow further instructions that are displayed on your screen without skipping any part.
- Now apply the settings you made and save them.
- Remove the ethernet wire from both the devices (router and extender).
- Your Netgear extender is now successfully connected to your router device. It’s time to change the location of your extender device.
Hope this post is helpful. If you are still facing any Netgear extender setup or mywifiext, let us know and get proper assistance ASAP.