We might never say no to a delicious and gooey piece of a chocolate cake however, sometimes we all crave for something that is not too sweet, has a different flavour, and has less calories than a chocolate cake. Something that is light and fluffy and has a fruity twist and that is when an angel food cake comes into play. The cake may sound fancy but can be easily prepared at home and subsequently has less calories than any other cake which makes it all the more popular. If you have never had an angel cake before, today you are definitely in for a treat as we bring to you one of the easiest and most delicious angel food cake recipes that will get you drooling in an instant. The vanilla and almond extracts that flavour the cake make it really unique and sweet and the flavour of the cake is really versatile due to the different kinds of fruit toppings. So, let’s get started with baking the food of the gods.
Preparation Time: 30 minutes
Cooking Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 10 minutes
- 1 and 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 12 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar (For every 1/2 teaspoon of cream of tartar in the recipe you can use 1 teaspoon lemon juice or white vinegar)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- To bake an angel food cake begin with preheating the oven to 325°F (160°C), also set aside an angel food cake pan and do not need to grease or line it.
- Now take a medium bowl, sift together powdered sugar, flour, and cornstarch and keep it aside for sometime.
- Use a stand mixer with a whisk to beat egg whites, cream of tartar, and salt until the mixture that you have obtained has frothy soft peaks.
- Now, increase the speed to medium-high and gradually sprinkle in sugar, then vanilla and almond extracts, beating until stiff peaks form
- Take the flour mixture andsSprinkle half of it over the whipped egg whites and fold gently with a spatula until just combined. Also, sprinkle the remaining half of the flour mixture and gently fold until no streaks remain.
- Now transfer the batter into a prepared cake pan and bake until the top of the cake springs back when touched, and this will take approximately 40–50 minutes.
- Check the cake by pricking a tooth pick in the center and once done, transfer the angel food cake to a rack and let cool.
- You can serve your cake with whipped cream topping and fresh fruits of your choice that will make it taste absolutely delicious.
Tips And Tricks To Make Angel Food Cake
- Use room temperature eggs when making a meringue as they whip up much better.
- The mixing bowl should be clean and dry for that can affect the consistency of the meringue.
- Add sugar slowly and gradually with one spoon at a time and allow it to dissolve into the egg whites before adding more.
- Do not miss the step of sifting the dry ingredients as that helps in making the cake nice and light.
Well, this angel food recipe is a must-try at home, so wear you chef hats and gloves and begin baking this masterpiece at home, however if you feel that you are not that much of a baker, you can arrange for a Cake Shop In Dwarka and other major cities to satiate your sweet tooth.