To attain a large customer base, businesses must have an online presence on both platforms: Android and iOS. This is why the demand for cross-platform mobile app development is rising day by day. The use of cross-platform apps in today’s world is increasing rapidly and that’s why it is good to consult and hire a cross platform app development company for your business growth. They are firmly exploring structures or frameworks that can promote their profession and keep the application development time and expenses to a minimum.
What is a Cross-Platform App Development Framework?
Mainly app development frameworks are tools that enable the developers to develop native or native-like applications with a unique or single codebase for various platforms like Android, iOS, Windows, and the Web. This means that developers do not have to write different codes for different platforms. These frameworks save a lot of time and effort of the developers and target the app to a significantly larger audience base on different platforms.
So, in this guide, we are going to describe the top cross-platform app development frameworks that will help you in achieving more success for your business.
Top Cross-Platform App Development Framework for Your Business Success
The famous app builds on React Native are Facebook, Walmart, Uber, Bloomberg, and Shopify.
Pros of React Native:
- Provides a high-definition UI experience
- Cost to hire React native developer India is comparatively low than other frameworks.
- Have an instant refresh option that enables programmers to observe code modifications in under seconds.
- Have rich APIs and modules that save development cost
Cons of React Native:
- Provide less continuity in launching new updates
- Code is not 100% reusable over platforms. It mainly depends on the app’s complexity.
- Not adequately optimized for speed and memory usage.
If you are looking for quicker development of your company app, Ionic is the best choice for you. It is an open-source cross-platform framework launched in 2013. The ionic framework utilizes a SaaS UI and is developed on Cordova. It uses programming languages like JAVA, CSS, HTML with the combinations of frameworks like Angular, React, and Vue to create hybrid mobile, desktop, and Progressive Web Apps (PWA). For more detail vistit: https://technewsenglish.com/
Pros of Ionic:
- Compatible with React, Angular, and Vue frameworks and also supports Cordova plugins.
- Carries a wide range of APIs, tools, and plugins.
- Suitable for developing apps quickly.
Cons of Ionic:
- Raising in-app navigation is hard because of the complex UI-router.
- Highly dependable on Plugins.
- Debugging is complex with the Ionic framework.
Flutter is the most known cross-platform framework developed by Google in 2017. It mainly uses Dart language to build apps for Android, iOS, Mac, Windows, and the Web from a single codebase at marketbusinesswatch.com. The most famous apps built on Flutter are Google, eBay, Alibaba, and BMW. It is the most loved cross-platform framework that developers love to use.
Pros of Flutter:
- Flutter is easy to learn, debug, and is fully compiled.
- You can develop an app in a very simple way
- Hot Reload feature allows developers to detect modifications made in code within seconds.
Cons of Flutter:
- Flutter doesn’t sustain all the devices. It won’t work on your 32-bit laptop perfectly.
- Fewer third party packages available on different platforms
- Flutter apps are comparatively bigger in size.
Xamarin was launched in the market in 2011 but soon taken by Microsoft in 2016 by Google I/O. Xamarin is the best open source cross-platform framework that provides compile-time error checking, decreasing the number of runtime failures that users face. It uses C language, Net framework, and Visual Studio to build cross-platform apps. Some famous apps developed by Xamarin are Alaska Airlines, Microsoft News, BBC Good Food, and UPS.
Pros of Xamarin:
- With Xamarin, native libraries and platform APIs are attached.
- Enables distributing up to 90% of your code over platforms.
- It has a strong community.
Cons of Xamarin:
- Xamarin applications are far bigger in size.
- Enterprises are expected to purchase a license for Microsoft’s Visual Studio.
- No good for the apps which have good graphics.
Pros of Cordova:
- Also supports custom plugins.
- With a 100% free & simple drag & drop interface, code becomes easy to use.
Cons of Cordova:
- Slower than native apps
- The visual style is not attractive in big programs
- Maintaining different devices can become extremely challenging.
Codename One is the advanced open-source which follows the “Write Once Run Anywhere” (WORA) framework for developing native apps for different platforms like iOS, Android, Desktop, and Web. It uses Java and Kotlin for making robust and appealing apps. It has the power of working on the native platform and allowing developers to adopt Java or Kotlin technology instantly tech news english
Pros of Codename One:
- Provide 100% code reusability,
- Write once, run everywhere, require no special hardware for this.
- Has plugins for successful IDEs such as IntelliJ/IDEA, NetBeans, and Eclipse.
Cons of Codename One:
- Doesn’t scale big programs and UI becomes unattractive
- Development becomes slow due to the storage of all function handlers in an individual file
Cross-platform app development is the best choice if you want to make it available on a wide range of platforms. It will also help in saving your time, cost, and efforts. And is worth mentioning here that while choosing the right framework for you, also analyze the needs of your app as all the frameworks have their pros and cons. So, first, analyze your app and then decide on frameworks.