While checking emails, we mostly see never-ending pending emails highlighted in their bold fonts. Indeed It is very frustrating to remind all the pending emails each time you open your inbox. Most people lead to a lack of interest in reading the new mails. Inbox Zero Method
Finding the mails that you are looking for among this bunch of unread emails can be hard too. As a result of this, there are a few ways which one can follow to manage emails effectively. ‘Inbox Zero Method’ is an example of one such method.
Inbox Zero Method:
An example of the most efficient email management process is the Inbox Zero Method. With This method, you can keep your inbox free of unnecessary messages. Merlin Mann, a productivity expert, and podcaster is the designer of this method. He had said that the term ‘Zero’ does not refer to the number of messages in the mailbox but the amount of time you spend to keep the inbox arranged. The Inbox Zero Method helps people to use their time for productive activities instead of spending them on their emails.
Process of applying Inbox zero method to achieve Inbox Zero in 10 days:
Some of the steps that you must take to achieve effective mailbox management are listed below –
- As soon as the mails pop up, make sure that you are reading them and respond to them immediately. This will stop your inbox from getting filled with unread emails. It will also increase the productivity of your work.
- Delete the mails after you have read them or replied to them. If you don’t want to delete them, there is always the option to archive them. This will stop you from re-reading the mails, thus saving you some time, and will also keep your inbox from getting filled with mails you don’t need anymore.
- Starring the mails can be a very easy way to clear and sort your inbox. If you mark the star the important messages as ‘starred’ while you keep reading them, then you can find the mails later easily. This will save you a lot of time and you will be able to find the important emails quickly.
- Create slots and folders so that you can compartmentalize your emails based on urgency. The groups may be called ‘Urgent’, ‘For Later’, ‘Unimportant’ etc. In this way, you can easily save some time. Compartmentalizing can easily be considered among the very effective tips for email management.
- An effective email management tip is to set up a time slot when you can read and respond to the emails every day. If you follow a specific email checkup time then the number of pending emails will decrease. You can reschedule this time slot too once in a while. With the help of this, you can achieve the zero inbox approach in no time.
- Another thing that you can do is delegate. While checking the office email account, if you find any difficult or specific emails that fall under someone else’s specialty, then you can forward the mails to the respective people and get your work done. This will not only save time for you but will be very effective for your colleagues as well.
In the end, By implementing these tools, tips, and email management solutions, you will easily be able to hit Inbox Zero in as little as ten days. These will allow you to learn good email management skills and understand the email management solutions better.