Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, more popularly known as PCOS is quite common among women in the age group ranging from 15 to 44 which includes teens and many young women. Those suffering from this know that they face a long and grueling battle of losing weight. Many of you may have tried various home remedies, but to no avail.
Wait! Don’t give up so soon. There’s still one remedy left to try out. The most effective way of losing weight for a PCOS patient is by following the exercises mentioned in the article below.
Before you begin the actual workout, you should do some warm ups to loosen your body and get it kick started for some strenuous physical exercises.
This exercise proves very effective for the upper part of the body, especially the sides.
- Sit down on your buttock and partially fold your knees. Your feet should be suspended midair.
- Stretch your arms in front of you and join your palms.
- Then turn your upper torso to the left and then to the right with your legs dangling in the air.
- Do 20 reps.
This a standing and jumping exercise that is effective on all the core muscles of your body.
- Stand on your feet with your knees partially bent and your upper torso inclined forward.
- Your arms should be outstretched sideways.
- Now jump to the opposite side with your arms up and your feet touching the ground. When you land, bring your arms down simultaneously. Repeat these steps on alternate sides.
- Do 20 reps.
This is an exercise that works best for your lower body, especially for strengthening your legs.
- Stand on your feet with your elbows folded and palms near your chest.
- Now jump and stretch your legs and squat at the same time.
- Then jump back and bring your feet together with your elbows folded and palms near your chest.
- Do 15 reps
This exercise works best for both your upper and lower body.
- Stand on your feet with your knees folded and your chest should touch your knees. Your hands should be placed ahead on your feet.
- Now jump and stretch your arms and legs sideways simultaneously, as much as possible.
- Bring your feet and arms back to position number 1.
- Do 8 reps.
Knee pushups are an excellent exercise to strengthen your arms, chest, and back.
- Rest on the ground with your stomach side facing the ground. Your knees and fists should touch the ground.
- Keeps your fists clenched. Your feet should be suspended in the air.
- Now, push your chest in the downward direction with your elbows pointing outwards.
- Do not push down completely, just till 45 degrees.
- Come back to position number 1.
- Do 10 reps.