Read Time:3 Minute, 19 Second
What does it mean to overdose on a drug? Using too much of a substance is what. This substance may be recreational or medical in nature, accidental or intentional, damaging or not. Whichever it may be, here are 20 must-know facts about drug overdose. See here for the best inpatient drug rehab.
Facts About Drugs Overdose
- Due to the rising need for drugs around the world, “enterprising” individuals have all joined the booming industry. Since there are more producers, the number of counterfeit products has increased so be careful you could be snorting in plastic instead of “organic” cocaine.
- If you are already addicted to drugs and you want to stop, I would advise you to check yourself into an institution immediately. The number of money governments around the world spends on rehabilitation is up to $740 billion every year. News flash, they are all planning to cut costs and only a privileged few drug addicts will get access to healthcare.
- If you spend all of your money on drugs believing that the guys who make it also indulge, I am sorry to burst your bubble but they don’t. Most of the guys who own alcohol brands are teetotalers and the ones who produce opiates have confessed to hating the stuff. So, my friend, you are alone in your addiction.
- Talking about money, the drug trade is the wealthiest in the world. All the money you spend on drugs goes to the pockets of individuals who don’t even use it. Think about it.
- Yes, Hepatitis is the world’s most common disease right now with over 5.6 million people contacting it through shared needle use.
- You may think “I don’t use opiates or others, I just drink so I am safe from hepatitis or HIV.” Well, I am sorry to say this but you are more liable to die faster than someone who uses all of these things. In the United States alone over 271 people die from alcohol use every day.
- While alcohol kills faster, opiates are not the lesser of two evils. Over seventy percent of drug-related deaths are the result of opiate use. Up to fifteen million people die from opiate use every year.
- Cannabis is the world’s most consumed addictive substance. Heavy users have lungs that look like grilled meat.
- North America alone consumes over fifty percent of the world’s supply of cocaine.
- In 2017 alone an estimated 271 million people died from drug overdose symptoms.
- Alcohol is the most abused substance in Nigeria. A whopping eighty percent of Nigerian men drink heavily.
- The number of minors caught using drugs has risen by 100 percent since 1999. With over 15 million children caught using it actively.
- Sixty percent of the cocaine produced in the world is farmed and produced using child labor. So yes, you make minors suffer.
- Heroin addicts tend to commit suicide due to its ability to increase depression and anxiety.
- Drug overdose survivors are mostly rendered sexually incapable after rehabilitation.
- Ninety- five percent of drug addicts turn to a life of crime to fund their cravings, most end up shot and killed.
- Drug overdose survivors are more prone to developing mental health issues, many develop cancers and seizures.
- Rehabilitated drug addicts have contributed to the increase of unemployment around the world. Companies now employ people for less pay because drug addicts will take any amount just to get enough for a high.
- Drug overdose has resulted in law amendments and changes. Governments have had to increase the budget for treating drug overdose victims.
- Drug overdose has had a negative effect on education, money meant for schools has now been diverted towards rescuing drug addicts.
This is all on our 20 must-know facts about drug overdose. I hope it’s been enlightening to you also. Leave a comment below.